AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UndertheGunReview News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UTG Interview: Jonny Craig

Posted by - 03:54 PM on 10/08/13
Under The Gun recently spoke with Jonny Craig. They talked about Emarosa and the band's new singer, his solo music, and a visit from his dad on his current tour.
I mean, I donít really know the kid so I donít really care. I watched some videos of him on tour with his old band and shit. It was cool. Heís got a good voice so itís not like heís not going to be able to fill the shoes, or however you want to put it, but I mean I canít really expect anyone to ever be able to cover the songs that I wrote and actually have me ever like it. Ya know? It doesnít matter if itís good or not, Iím still not going to like it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 63
04:08 PM on 10/08/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Bummer this guys still alive and stuff.
04:09 PM on 10/08/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Well that was annoying.
04:19 PM on 10/08/13
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
What a fucking moron.
04:23 PM on 10/08/13
RWStewart93
User Info.
Bummer this guys still alive and stuff.
Couldn't have said it any better

/thread
04:37 PM on 10/08/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
i don't know much about JC, but my god - people funded this guy's EP through a kickstarter?

how much of it went to heroin? be honest. fuck this dude.
04:43 PM on 10/08/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
I tried giving this dude a second chance, open minded and all, people make mistakes, etc. but he genuinely sounds like an asshole. He still sounds bitter about Emarosa. Bradley isn't going to fill the shoes, but after seeing what he did with Squid the Whale, I'm sure he's going to blow what Johnny did out the water.
04:57 PM on 10/08/13
lfjlol
Drifting into eternity
User Info.
I wish J-Craig went more with stuff like lenon bus demo. that song is amazing. I enjoyed his ep for the most part. but I feel like he listened to the weeknd and saw the vocal similarities and thought "hey. lets copy this." the interview seemed very defensive. not really sure why he felt the need to go that route. J-CRAIG, you're the man! love the instagram pics of your cats.
04:58 PM on 10/08/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
As a former fan of Jonny's who's admittedly over the whole drug/stealing from fans scandal, I'm really glad he's found his niche. He sounds better than ever nowadays and apparently he's clean so, good for him.
05:09 PM on 10/08/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i don't know much about JC, but my god - people funded this guy's EP through a kickstarter?

how much of it went to heroin? be honest. fuck this dude.
he's supposedly been off of heroine for over a year now. he tweets about being clean semi-frequently. more likely, some of it went to alcohol/weed.

I wish J-Craig went more with stuff like lenon bus demo. that song is amazing. I enjoyed his ep for the most part. but I feel like he listened to the weeknd and saw the vocal similarities and thought "hey. lets copy this." the interview seemed very defensive. not really sure why he felt the need to go that route. J-CRAIG, you're the man! love the instagram pics of your cats.
he was doing stuff like this before the weeknd was a thing (there is a video of jonny covering the weeknd, though, so it's easy to see how you might think he's copying). at that, they're fairly different artists stylistically, though i definitely see a lot similarities as well. i always thought it would be cool to see them do some sort of collaboration.

and i agree with everyone else about him being a terrible interviewee/person.
05:32 PM on 10/08/13
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
That was actually painful to read.Why do people still actually support this guy?
05:40 PM on 10/08/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
That was actually painful to read.Why do people still actually support this guy?
Because 15-year-old scene chicks love him no matter what.
05:55 PM on 10/08/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I mean.
06:13 PM on 10/08/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
where is a vid of the new guy
06:31 PM on 10/08/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Has Bradley even been officially announced yet??

I need to hear a clip or something!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version