Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

PropertyOfZack Is Hiring

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (10/09/13)
Our friends at PropertyOfZack are hiring. They have positions available including writers, design, newsletter and interviews. More information is in the replies.
2013 has been a great year for growth at PropertyOfZack, but wed rather continue looking into our future than stay complacent with our past. To make sure we can provide the best content and news for our viewers, were happy to announce that we are once again taking applications for anyone who is interested in possibly joining Team POZ. We have positions open in most areas of the site, so check out what were looking for and who to get in touch with below!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46
06:20 PM on 10/09/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
*All positions are volunteer based and require experience
*Please send examples of work in email

Writers
We’re looking to bulk up our team with great writers for reviews, op-eds, discussions, and more. Contact: Erik and Zack. (be sure to CC both on the same email).

Design
We’re looking to create a design “style guide” for the site, so if that interests you, we need you. Contact: Zack.

Newsletter
If you have experience designing, creating, and keeping up newsletters and have interest in working on ours, we’d love to hear from you. Contact: Zack.

Interviews
If you’re a great interviewer and are looking for a new home, feel free to make POZ your new one. Contact: Zack.

*If you misspell the site’s name or fail to reply-all in an email thread, chances are we will not get back to you. We appreciate all interest, but please be professional.
06:27 PM on 10/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
In advance, thank you for checking this out. Thank you for applying. Thank you for commenting and telling me that we're a lame site or that our conditions are dumb. I hope some of you here apply, that'd be super stellar.
06:49 PM on 10/09/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
In advance, thank you for checking this out. Thank you for applying. Thank you for commenting and telling me that we're a lame site or that our conditions are dumb. I hope some of you here apply, that'd be super stellar.
I plan to look over my writing and find the best few pieces and send them in tomorrow, and don't worry i'll make sure to use the CC correctly hahah
06:51 PM on 10/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I plan to look over my writing and find the best few pieces and send them in tomorrow, and don't worry i'll make sure to use the CC correctly hahah
Rad, thanks dude.
06:53 PM on 10/09/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
You need an HR person so you don't have to get all the emails
06:58 PM on 10/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
You need an HR person so you don't have to get all the emails
No, I make drinking games out of them. It's fun, and brutal. But that's what the alcohol is for!
07:01 PM on 10/09/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
really need to take a creative writing class so i can take a stab at these in the future
07:04 PM on 10/09/13
Collaptic
User Info.
Definitely going to email in regards to a few of these. But hey, Zack, don't take this question the wrong way...but how do you see your site name as being a positive thing in your successful future? As in, a name that has nothing to do with music. Same question I suppose could be posed at AbsolutePunk, when, (to beat a dead horse), this site is of course not all encompassing of such a name.
07:14 PM on 10/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Definitely going to email in regards to a few of these. But hey, Zack, don't take this question the wrong way...but how do you see your site name as being a positive thing in your successful future? As in, a name that has nothing to do with music. Same question I suppose could be posed at AbsolutePunk, when, (to beat a dead horse), this site is of course not all encompassing of such a name.
I assume you're basically asking, do I regret calling the site PropertyOfZack.

Yes, but ultimately, no. I didn't create the site on purpose. It was literally my blog on Tumblr that slowly turned into what it is today - very slowly. If I set out to create a music website, it would have failed. So at the end of the day, I don't think it could have actually have happened any other way. If POZ closed tomorrow and I were to start a new site, would I call it nothing with my name in it? No, definitely not.
07:19 PM on 10/09/13
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
So when you say you "require experience" do you mean professional? Does academic experience count?
07:25 PM on 10/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
So when you say you "require experience" do you mean professional? Does academic experience count?
For writing we mean, we need you to have examples of previous musical or entertainment based writing. For design, academic works - I think?
07:26 PM on 10/09/13
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
I've been on this website for way too long, does that count as experience?
07:30 PM on 10/09/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I've been on this website for way too long, does that count as experience?
More than most!
07:38 PM on 10/09/13
megflatl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What about photographers? I love to take photos at shows!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests