Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 11 posts
06:13 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Interesting fact: I hate Dr. Luke more than anyone else in the music industry.
06:14 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
did AP really need a review of this... *can't wait fro the reviews for ARTPOP and prisms*
We review whatever the hell we want.
07:09 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
you guys need to have an elitist thing like p4k have. atleast review k-pop instead... g-dragons ew album is the best pop/rap album of 2013.

Sadly, my only exposure to K-pop is the non-western music class I took in college.

Haha I think I'm with you even if it isn't for the same reasons

I've just heard so many stories of him stealing songs from other writers or artists, suing people who claim he plagiarized, and just generally being an all-around shitty guy. I think his writing is generally derivative and generic anyway, but the fact that he's just an awful person makes me want to boycott pretty much everything he touches. I'm not a huge fan of Max Martin either, but his work bothers me a lot less than Luke's.
07:24 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah I've heard rumblings about plagiarism from Dr Luke and my first thought is always "Yeah, he plagiarized himself! Bad-uh-tiss!"
Haha, he does do that too. But like, the current Katy Perry single is a cobble job of three or four other songs, at least two of which came out this year and are currently on pop radio. He's not subtle at all, and he doesn't need to be, since most people will just blame the unoriginality on the artist. I just honestly can't believe people continuously work with him.
07:56 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Why would people not work with him? He's proven again and again and again and again and AGAIN that his songs will be hits. Which in his line of work and for the artists that work with him is all that matters.

Because when he steals someone's song and and uses the plagiarized sections in a new song with the artist he's working with, it's the artist's name that gets dragged through the dirt. Happened with Pink, happened with Avril Lavigne, happened with Daughtry, happened with half the people he's worked with, and most of them don't go back to write with him again after that. Most of the artists who he works with have had substantial hits without him: they don't need him to write a number 1 single for them, especially if there's a risk that he stole it from someone else.

^^^

Somehow, I don't anticipate that as many of these artists have strong moral compasses to deter them from working with him haha. especially when i'm sure some of those artists he rips off will eventually get to work with him themselves.

Pretty sure most of the people who have accused him of stealing their songs have not worked with him after that, especially because he sues people for "defamation" if they say he plagiarized.
07:59 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I think this article covers it pretty well:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...dr-luke-229428
08:02 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I'm just saying realistically from an industry standpoint people are going to continue working with him as long as he makes hits. Sure he won't be getting repeat customers but there's always someone new for the industry to manufacture.
True, true. It's just bizarre to me that a known plagiarizer still gets work and respect in the music industry. Publishing, journalism, screenwriting, I have no doubt in my mind that the guy would be blacklisted. Sure, he scores huge hits, but if an artist gets called out for plagiarism, that's a huge image problem that the label and the artist has to deal with. Go with another hitmaker with a less questionable record.
08:09 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Money does a nice job of making people not care, and hits = money
And plenty of people can write hits without causing controversy.
08:18 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Also, why are people still surprised that we review mainstream pop albums?
03:29 PM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
This has a member rating of 3. Wow.
04:32 PM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah but only person rated it. You can tell by the uniform evenness of the score. It's not a big deal. Someone who probably didn't even listen to the record did it.

This is why I don't like member ratings.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos