AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 124
07:46 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
this is looking like the first review i've written where i will be accused of not being "punk" enough or something even though i explicitly mention my understanding of punk/mileys place in it in like the first sentence lol.
07:47 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
Yeah i knew that haha but that's gotta be the last thing he did and it had been years since he did something worthwhile
10 songs in seven years lol and i've only heard two of them. talk about a fall from grace
07:48 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
10 songs in seven years lol and i've only heard two of them. talk about a fall from grace
Cocaine is a hell of a drug
07:51 AM on 10/10/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This is one of the best reviews I've read in a really, really long time. Awesome work Ryan.

...As far as pop released this year goes, I'll still take JT 10 times out of 10 hehe.
07:56 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Why would people not work with him? He's proven again and again and again and again and AGAIN that his songs will be hits. Which in his line of work and for the artists that work with him is all that matters.

Because when he steals someone's song and and uses the plagiarized sections in a new song with the artist he's working with, it's the artist's name that gets dragged through the dirt. Happened with Pink, happened with Avril Lavigne, happened with Daughtry, happened with half the people he's worked with, and most of them don't go back to write with him again after that. Most of the artists who he works with have had substantial hits without him: they don't need him to write a number 1 single for them, especially if there's a risk that he stole it from someone else.

^^^

Somehow, I don't anticipate that as many of these artists have strong moral compasses to deter them from working with him haha. especially when i'm sure some of those artists he rips off will eventually get to work with him themselves.

Pretty sure most of the people who have accused him of stealing their songs have not worked with him after that, especially because he sues people for "defamation" if they say he plagiarized.
07:57 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
Because when he steals someone's song and and uses the plagiarized sections in a new song with the artist he's working with, it's the artist's name that gets dragged through the dirt. Happened with Pink, happened with Avril Lavigne, happened with Daughtry, happened with half the people he's worked with, and most of them don't go back to write with him again after that. Most of the artists who he works with have had substantial hits without him: they don't need him to write a number 1 single for them, especially if there's a risk that he stole it from someone else.

Pretty sure most of the people who have accused him of stealing their songs have not worked with him after that, especially because he sues people for "defamation" if they say he plagiarized.
Really? Yikes
07:57 AM on 10/10/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Good job
07:58 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.

I'm just saying realistically from an industry standpoint people are going to continue working with him as long as he makes hits. Sure he won't be getting repeat customers but there's always someone new for the industry to manufacture.
07:59 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I think this article covers it pretty well:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...dr-luke-229428
08:01 AM on 10/10/13
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
I've listened to a few songs just now, and I can confirm that this is definitely music.
08:02 AM on 10/10/13
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
MILEY IS SO BRAVE, A ROLE MODEL FOR ALL OF US
08:02 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I'm just saying realistically from an industry standpoint people are going to continue working with him as long as he makes hits. Sure he won't be getting repeat customers but there's always someone new for the industry to manufacture.
True, true. It's just bizarre to me that a known plagiarizer still gets work and respect in the music industry. Publishing, journalism, screenwriting, I have no doubt in my mind that the guy would be blacklisted. Sure, he scores huge hits, but if an artist gets called out for plagiarism, that's a huge image problem that the label and the artist has to deal with. Go with another hitmaker with a less questionable record.
08:04 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
True, true. It's just bizarre to me that a known plagiarizer still gets work and respect in the music industry. Publishing, journalism, screenwriting, I have no doubt in my mind that the guy would be blacklisted. Sure, he scores huge hits, but if an artist gets called out for plagiarism, that's a huge image problem that the label and the artist has to deal with. Go with another hitmaker with a less questionable record.
Money does a nice job of making people not care, and hits = money
08:07 AM on 10/10/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Hold on.......what has happened to this site?
after 7 years or so, they went from reviewing pop rock
to reviewing pop.

such a shocking development, huh?
08:09 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Money does a nice job of making people not care, and hits = money
And plenty of people can write hits without causing controversy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos