AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 113
08:35 AM on 10/11/13
xbelkax
User Info.
I'm just so stoked about this new album coming out. Have been listening to the first two albums, like insane. Especially, We Will Overcome. It is still like a hymnal to me. Each song is precious. I listened to the new song "The End" and was surprised at how well Sam Ryder fit in to the band. So, I'm expecting some premium grade hardcore punk with amazing sing-alongs, two-steps, breakdowns, and lyrics that won't let my heart go for a long time.
08:37 AM on 10/11/13
SyDeAFFaCT
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am as excited as all these other people who are as excited. *excitement*
08:42 AM on 10/11/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I've been waiting a long time for this new album. They've have to overcome numerous obstacles to get where they are now and by listening to "The End" you can tell it's paying off.
08:44 AM on 10/11/13
RabidNewz
User Info.
I love this band. Last time I saw them live, I had to drive 7 hours. And then ended up sleeping in my car in a Wal-Mart parking lot (when it was 102 degrees outside) because I couldn't afford to stay in a motel. So, I'm obviously definitely stoked for any new material by them.

That being said, I was heartbroken when I heard Shane had left the band because of his energy live and his performance on the album. I wasn't stoked on Mikey as the vocalist, but Sam sounds like a good fit. If anything, they sound EVEN MORE punk than before which is an awesome thing. Besides, they must be doing something right to attract a guest vocalist of this caliber (referring to "The End") of course.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Hoping to catch them on tour when they come through the States next. Hopefully I won't have to sleep in my car this next time.
08:44 AM on 10/11/13
TylerFindsNorth
User Info.
There are bands that you like- they come up on shuffle and you usually let the song play through.
There are bands that you love- you choose to listen to them regularly and support them any way possible.
Then there are bands who have changed your life- CYE is that band for me. Their message has always been one of hope in a hopeless world, and that's something I needed to know for myself. I shudder to think where my heart would be had they not come along.
08:45 AM on 10/11/13
iareBRENDEN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been waiting for this album since I discovered CYE, which was right after Empty Hands was released. Ever since then this band has quickly become one of my favorites. I've played through the two records in one sitting more than a couple dozen times and they never fail to lift my mood. Close Your Eyes is one of those bands that I look to when I'm feeling down or just looking for some positive energy. The songs are always extremely upbeat and the lyrics are so satisfying to listen and sing along to. Based on "The End" I know I'll be adding another chunk of great songs to my iPod that will see tons of plays in the future, whether it be while I work out, am using music to change my mood, or just laying around with my headphones on. And while I will miss Shane's voice dearly, I'm excited to see how Sam fits in the band. I have very little doubt after hearing the first released track off the new album. I know Close Your Eyes will still be one of the few bands I love that I will always be in the mood to listen to.
08:45 AM on 10/11/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
I'm excited for the new album because hearing the single was the first time I listened to the band; by which I was pleasantly surprised... Actually pretty good. Getting the prize pack would be the best stepping off point for me, and would give me a better chance to enjoy the band more. The merch is also fantastic, I'm in love with that hat. Winning would also add more incentive to go and listen to their back-catalog, or maybe even attend a show, which I might end up doing anyways now. These guys just earned themselves a new fan.
08:51 AM on 10/11/13
Tesgrl15
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
CYE has saved my fiancé life! Your music comes from the heart. We are actually dancing to Carry You as our first dance in our wedding :) we are so pumped to hear more of the new album and can't wait for it to come out!!!! We keep checking out videos of live shows from Europe and you guys sound great together! Come to MA please!!!!!
08:53 AM on 10/11/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
That does seem like a burden. I'm sorry to invade your otherwise peaceful forum. </3

Lol, it's not a burden just an observation. Like Alex said, can help add new blood. I just wish making a profile on AP was a little more of a process/solid so that people wouldn't just join on a whim.
08:54 AM on 10/11/13
cornfed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why I am excited for the new album? Tommy Green. Tommy. Green.
08:55 AM on 10/11/13
Daeminium
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
CYE really broke the mold, their music evolve with every record and wraps all the fucking feelings from this world, can't wait to hear the new music from these muchachos locos! I would like to see em "live", hoping for a new south american tour soon, especially Peru!!!
08:59 AM on 10/11/13
mattmckay89
User Info.
I'm stoked for this album because their vocalist Sam is a fellow Brit and it's great to see a guy from my country join such an awesome Victory band! He has MORE than filled Shane's shoes and I can't wait to hear their new sound!! They are such a blessing to those around them and I love their positive message. GET IN LADS!
09:08 AM on 10/11/13
NDeFelice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Because I loved them since the beginning and I was devastated when I heard shane was leaving and i screamed like a girl when I heard about the album. I also need some sick merch!!!!
09:10 AM on 10/11/13
KrazyJ1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am excited for this new CYE album, because it's been forever since they released a new one and it's about damn time for them to come out with a new album. Honestly can't wait to hear some of their new songs, so glad "The End" came out the 8th it made me even more impatient knowing that i have to wait for an amazing album.
09:11 AM on 10/11/13
CatchinZs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am absolutely stoked for the new CYE album because it looks like it'll have that energy their prior ones did! I have honestly missed these guys making new music and am extremely excited. The new vocalist sounds great and that's saying something, he looks to fit perfectly with the group. There aren't many bands that have been as inspiring as CYE and I'm glad to see their keeping on! Love these guys and can't wait for the new record!!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos