Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

Cassadee Pope Performs With The Roots

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/11/13)
Cassadee Pope's performance of "Champagne" with The Roots can be found on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon page.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
09:59 AM on 10/11/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Ugh I hate players that replay the ads to get to fullscreen.

This sounded fine, but what is with the weird stage set up? Cassadee is standing in front of the exit door.
09:59 AM on 10/11/13
livinginpixels
User Info.
booooooooo
10:00 AM on 10/11/13
livinginpixels
User Info.
Ugh I hate players that replay the ads to get to fullscreen.

This sounded fine, but what is with the weird stage set up? Cassadee is standing in front of the exit door.
its a metaphor!
10:36 AM on 10/11/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
10:41 AM on 10/11/13
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
User Info.
They must not have practiced much before. She was barely audible in the first few lines. Great move by the tuba player.

I used to love Cassadee and voted her through on the voice but I'm just tired of her now. It upsets me that she moved from her roots. At least this is poppy!
11:24 AM on 10/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
They must not have practiced much before. She was barely audible in the first few lines. Great move by the tuba player.

I used to love Cassadee and voted her through on the voice but I'm just tired of her now. It upsets me that she moved from her roots. At least this is poppy!
The album has several tracks with strong pop-rock elements. Obviously they're marketing her as a country artist, but it's not as huge of a shift as I thought it would be.
11:47 AM on 10/11/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
These songs are just soooo mediocre. She's got a good voice, but god damn are the songs boring.
12:42 PM on 10/11/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
quite a boring song
01:37 PM on 10/11/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
The album has several tracks with strong pop-rock elements. Obviously they're marketing her as a country artist, but it's not as huge of a shift as I thought it would be.

This. Sure, there are country elements, but this songs are really just a bunch of pop songs. Funny enough, I think I like the two bonus tracks more than most of the songs on the actual album.
01:42 PM on 10/11/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Also, it's not the most exciting song ever, but this performance definitely did not do the song justice. Love The Roots and all, but this sounded really unnatural. It's like it wasn't rehearsed or something.
03:52 PM on 10/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
This. Sure, there are country elements, but this songs are really just a bunch of pop songs. Funny enough, I think I like the two bonus tracks more than most of the songs on the actual album.
I haven't heard the bonus tracks yet. I'll check them out in a little bit.
04:16 PM on 10/11/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
all time low aren't stoked
04:19 PM on 10/11/13
Scogar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For all those saying it's not rehearsed....this IS the rehearsal. Notice the lack of Jimmy Fallon also the random people standing around at various point. Looks and sounds like a sound check. If that's not enough, the description says that this was before the taping of the show, so it is probably like a dress run for her sit in clips on the show. I think that helps to explain why the levels are bad at some points and the music isn't that tight.
02:33 AM on 10/13/13
lazyguy4d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love her new album. Almost every song on it could be a single. This performance doesn't do the song justice. The album version and I'm sure the other more rehearsed versions of the song are way better. She reminds me a lot of Avril Lavigne voice wise but is better than Avril. She's not really true country either but I don't care what you want to call it I like it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS