Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
03:53 PM on 10/12/13
UrbanRoyalty
Happiness is just a moment
User Info.
I think people need to realize that even if Mark wants the next Blink album to be edgier, maybe Mark's songs will be edgier or darker, but that's Mark. The way Blink operates nowadays is as three separate people with three separate ideas of what they want Blink to sound like. Just as much as Mark wants the next record to be edgier, Tom might want it to be more progressive/spacier, and Travis might want more hip-hop influences. Since the start of the recording for Neighborhoods Mark has been saying things similar to this but it just never seems to happen. I mean, i would love to see an edgier darker blink in the vein of Untitled, but i wont believe it till i see (hear) it. As far as a producer, Sapone all the way. Albini would be fucking nuts, i don't know if he even would record them though.
05:50 PM on 10/14/13
UrbanRoyalty
Happiness is just a moment
User Info.
Albini wouldn't touch them. Have you ever read any of his literature? They would NOT get along at all lol. Sapone would be dope. However someone like Eric Valentine, Justin Meldal-Johnson, or Butch Walker would be best suited for this album in my opinion. Honestly... if they went with Butch I'd probably have a heart attach from excitement.
Haha yeah i know, just my own little fantasy, and if they want a darker, more raw/edgier sound there is no one better. And even Sapone is unlikely, but I think he could really bring something fresh out of Blink. I think someone like Butch is more likely. Untitled is my fav record by them, i think it is easily their best sounding record, so it would be cool if they hired Ryan Hewitt as engineer again, he engineered that record. I think that Neighborhoods/DED really lack something sonically, and i think that's due to their current engineer Chris Homes, I wish they'd ditch him altogether.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums