ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
God, that would kick so much ass.
01:03 PM on 10/11/13
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone else as excited as I am that they are down with bringing different producers in? I feel like that is exactly what Blink needs.
01:08 PM on 10/11/13
WhaleSnake
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
multiple producers seems like a bad idea
01:46 PM on 10/11/13
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe it's just me but for some reason some songs by the Naked and Famous remind me of blink. If they get an indie producer I hope they have some songs that sound kinda like "a stillness" or "all of this"
01:46 PM on 10/11/13
tub and rug
I find a spark in the normal.
User Info.
That means it won't be very good.
01:49 PM on 10/11/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
No offense to the OP, because opinions are opinions, but I never will understand people saying that Blink's Untitled/Self-Titled is their favorite. How can you possibly listen to Dude Ranch and think anything other than that being their best album?

Boggles the mind

But seriously though, great interview and can't wait for the rest. I'd like to know what Mark's current definition of "edgier" means, but hopefully it's for the better.
01:55 PM on 10/11/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
No offense to the OP, because opinions are opinions, but I never will understand people saying that Blink's Untitled/Self-Titled is their favorite. How can you possibly listen to Dude Ranch and think anything other than that being their best album?

Boggles the mind

But seriously though, great interview and can't wait for the rest. I'd like to know what Mark's current definition of "edgier" means, but hopefully it's for the better.
Dude Ranch is an amazing punk rock album, but the writing on S/T is leagues ahead
02:00 PM on 10/11/13
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
I hope they don't use multiple producers.
This was my thought too.
02:12 PM on 10/11/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Multiple producers can work for some artists better than others. There's a review on this very website of the latest Maroon 5 album where it was praised and on the other hand one for Dirty Work where it was condemned.

If it seems uncohesive, what's the betting they pick the best one for the NEXT album?

Also: excited
02:22 PM on 10/11/13
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still wish they would write another "fun/serious" song like feeling this. a huge fun not depressing single.
Me too
02:32 PM on 10/11/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope they don't use multiple producers.
Why? It worked so well for relient k........
02:33 PM on 10/11/13
tdlyon
User Info.
Finally starting to allow myself to get excited for this. Too many times has this band promised something that never happened, but the new album finally seems to be picking up steam.
02:41 PM on 10/11/13
zooyorker182
Johnny Quest thinks we're what?!
User Info.
great news fingers are crossed for some great stuff on this next record
02:49 PM on 10/11/13
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
i liked neighborhoods. it was very mediocre, but it's very good to listen to on autumn nights, however fighting the gravity is probably the worst blink song in existence

No way dude, definitely one of the better tracks on the album. The 'this makes no sense' is different but the chorus is bangin'
03:04 PM on 10/11/13
KillHipsters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they went for a more A Wilhelm Scream type of angst that would be amazing. Although I know better than to get my hopes up, the number of times I've heard bands say they're going to be louder, heavier and different then do the exact opposite is too many times to count.

Still stoked 99.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version