Password
Blink 182 News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 93.
11:07 PM on 10/11/13
Stokd
***** Lurker
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe it's just me but for some reason some songs by the Naked and Famous remind me of blink. If they get an indie producer I hope they have some songs that sound kinda like "a stillness" or "all of this"
Also this, I completely fucking agree.
04:11 AM on 10/12/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
First thing I thought of when I read "Edgier."
Much more reverb and delay.
06:53 AM on 10/12/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
There was good amount of vocal interplay on Neighborhoods. Jut as much or more than on EOTS and TOYPAJ...

That there will be a producer seems a safe bet by now.

Now all they need is not to write more throwback songs. Enough with that.
07:28 AM on 10/12/13
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
09:51 AM on 10/12/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Am I crazy to say that a Blink album produced by Dangermouse might be absolutely amazing!!?? Neighborhoods had some more experimental sounds on it but they weren't implemented to their best ability. Not to mention as different as this may make Blink sound it would def be a cohesive album just look what hes done for Broken Bells, Portugal The Man, The Black Keys, & Norah Jones. The albums Dangermouse produced for those artists are easily my favorite in their discographys. Anyone agree or harshly disagree?
11:03 AM on 10/12/13
j4callen
User Info.
I hope they don't use multiple producers.
Exactly what they need IMO. Something has to be done to better focus their sound and optimize their newfound influences.
11:38 AM on 10/12/13
Basketcase
User Info.
i liked the Dogs Eating Dogs EP more than Neighborhoods, so i hope it's more like that
11:50 AM on 10/12/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Exactly what they need IMO. Something has to be done to better focus their sound and optimize their newfound influences.
I think his point is that using more than one will get in the way of a cohesive album...
11:55 AM on 10/12/13
docrobinson
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
neighborhoods as a whole for the most part didn't sound to me like a natural progression. ghosts on the dance floor, after midnight and up all night were the only ones that did that for me. the rest kind of sounded like one-off songs. it wasn't as fluent as a whole as untitled, which was their best effort by and large.
11:57 AM on 10/12/13
j4callen
User Info.
I think his point is that using more than one will get in the way of a cohesive album...
Understandable. But it can be done. Basically every pop and rap album is an example of that. But whether they decide to go with just one producer, or several I think they need the outside opinions and spark.
12:22 PM on 10/12/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
neighborhoods is their best record. hopefully the next records a good one.
01:36 PM on 10/12/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
yes
01:47 PM on 10/12/13
juice182
User Info.
This Is Home is kind of in that vein, wasn't a single though.
thats true, and it was actually one of my favorite songs on the album. which i know is an unpopular opinion i know.

im actually indifferent on FTG. its cool for a listen every now and then but its definitely skippable most days.
02:00 PM on 10/12/13
COLEMAN902
acommonyear.com
User Info.
Yes, I love edgy and angsty blink! Also, I think an outside producer would be good for them.
02:44 PM on 10/12/13
scoobs0688
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Give me 12-14 songs in the vein of Stockholm Syndrome/Violence and I'm intrigued
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums