Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 93.
03:05 PM on 10/12/13
awesomo91
hereiamalive
User Info.
thats true, and it was actually one of my favorite songs on the album. which i know is an unpopular opinion i know.

im actually indifferent on FTG. its cool for a listen every now and then but its definitely skippable most days.
this is home is one of the best songs off neighborhoods.
actually didn't like that album ... still listening to their old stuff very often but i don't stick that much to their new sound. they kinda lost their way, they can't find it - :/
03:53 PM on 10/12/13
UrbanRoyalty
Happiness is just a moment
User Info.
I think people need to realize that even if Mark wants the next Blink album to be edgier, maybe Mark's songs will be edgier or darker, but that's Mark. The way Blink operates nowadays is as three separate people with three separate ideas of what they want Blink to sound like. Just as much as Mark wants the next record to be edgier, Tom might want it to be more progressive/spacier, and Travis might want more hip-hop influences. Since the start of the recording for Neighborhoods Mark has been saying things similar to this but it just never seems to happen. I mean, i would love to see an edgier darker blink in the vein of Untitled, but i wont believe it till i see (hear) it. As far as a producer, Sapone all the way. Albini would be fucking nuts, i don't know if he even would record them though.
11:35 PM on 10/12/13
drummerAVA
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sounds like this will be the true "next installment" after self-titled... That record was edgy, so this will be a little bit more so, but with some of Tom's newer sounds and influences thrown in.

Neighborhoods was kinda all over the place, which wasn't bad, but I really feel this new album will have more of a direction and be much more cohesive after the EP last year.
11:48 PM on 10/12/13
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Because it's blink, I won't be surprised whatsoever if there ends up being no producer and by edgier, we get Lycanthrope Pt. 4.

And because I follow all this stuff daily and extensively, that's just my realistic side speaking. But now in terms of my inner fan boy, I'm way too pumped after reading that.
12:40 PM on 10/13/13
J.Dick
User Info.
So are any songs written?
12:43 PM on 10/13/13
Saint_February
User Info.
I would love more layered vocals like the outro of Feeling This.
this is exactly what i was anticipating when "Neighborhoods" came out
02:08 PM on 10/13/13
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
this is exactly what i was anticipating when "Neighborhoods" came out
Haha, I think we all were!
03:39 PM on 10/13/13
Greg
User Info.
I expect too much of Tom and not enough of Mark on this next album.
05:08 PM on 10/13/13
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
blink-182 or whatever you want to call it is still probably their strongest album, the songwriting on that one is pretty tight, and it was generally consistent. The older albums like Dude Ranch still have their place and are fine, but have sort of have been worn out for me. Neighbourhoods did nothing for me though, I'd like to see them break out of the pop-punk shell completely at this point, we'll see.
05:48 PM on 10/13/13
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
yessssssssssss
07:30 PM on 10/13/13
MyShameYourMom
User Info.
I'm really torn over the post hiatus blink-182. I've seen them a few times over the years and recently at San Diego 91x fest and they gave a pretty strong dissonant and apathetic vibe out. No banter, Travis looked like the only one actually giving a performance, Tom and Mark couldn't get through the set list fast enough. Looks like they're back just to ride it out, but I hope I'm proven entirely wrong.
08:37 PM on 10/13/13
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
I'm feeling this.
08:14 AM on 10/14/13
jpepe
User Info.
Bringing in different producers or A producer would hugely benefit the new Blink stuff.
08:18 AM on 10/14/13
jpepe
User Info.
I think people need to realize that even if Mark wants the next Blink album to be edgier, maybe Mark's songs will be edgier or darker, but that's Mark. The way Blink operates nowadays is as three separate people with three separate ideas of what they want Blink to sound like. Just as much as Mark wants the next record to be edgier, Tom might want it to be more progressive/spacier, and Travis might want more hip-hop influences. Since the start of the recording for Neighborhoods Mark has been saying things similar to this but it just never seems to happen. I mean, i would love to see an edgier darker blink in the vein of Untitled, but i wont believe it till i see (hear) it. As far as a producer, Sapone all the way. Albini would be fucking nuts, i don't know if he even would record them though.
Albini wouldn't touch them. Have you ever read any of his literature? They would NOT get along at all lol. Sapone would be dope. However someone like Eric Valentine, Justin Meldal-Johnson, or Butch Walker would be best suited for this album in my opinion. Honestly... if they went with Butch I'd probably have a heart attach from excitement.
08:23 AM on 10/14/13
Passion Man
User Info.
I'm hoping Mark will sing more on the songs.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums