Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 93 of 93
05:50 PM on 10/14/13
UrbanRoyalty
Happiness is just a moment
User Info.
Albini wouldn't touch them. Have you ever read any of his literature? They would NOT get along at all lol. Sapone would be dope. However someone like Eric Valentine, Justin Meldal-Johnson, or Butch Walker would be best suited for this album in my opinion. Honestly... if they went with Butch I'd probably have a heart attach from excitement.
Haha yeah i know, just my own little fantasy, and if they want a darker, more raw/edgier sound there is no one better. And even Sapone is unlikely, but I think he could really bring something fresh out of Blink. I think someone like Butch is more likely. Untitled is my fav record by them, i think it is easily their best sounding record, so it would be cool if they hired Ryan Hewitt as engineer again, he engineered that record. I think that Neighborhoods/DED really lack something sonically, and i think that's due to their current engineer Chris Homes, I wish they'd ditch him altogether.
12:34 PM on 10/15/13
jpepe
User Info.
Haha yeah i know, just my own little fantasy, and if they want a darker, more raw/edgier sound there is no one better. And even Sapone is unlikely, but I think he could really bring something fresh out of Blink. I think someone like Butch is more likely. Untitled is my fav record by them, i think it is easily their best sounding record, so it would be cool if they hired Ryan Hewitt as engineer again, he engineered that record. I think that Neighborhoods/DED really lack something sonically, and i think that's due to their current engineer Chris Homes, I wish they'd ditch him altogether.
I actually really dig Holmes, he's an incredible engineer. However with that being said he's not the right fit at all to be co-producing Blink. And more so other records he has engineered or have had a hand in sound DRASTICALLY better (Adele's "21" anyone!? As well as Red Hot Chili Peppers, MCS, AFI, Avril Lavigne, etc). So I'm not sure what the circumstances are to that, but I agree sonically these past two records don't pack the punch of their Untitled disc. Also my favorite album of theirs.

I know for a fact Ryan Hewitt would jump on board. He worked with a client of ours at the studio I work at and he said he'd be more than stoked to get to work on another Blink record. But in my opinion Holmes can slaughter the recordings sonically if he has a much clearer idea from a great producer to get him there.
05:28 PM on 11/25/13
irememberhallow
User Info.
Such a great interview.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News