AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jacks Mannequin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Dear Jack Foundation Benefit Tickets Now Available

Posted by - 03:24 PM on 10/11/13
Tickets to Andrew McMahon's Fourth Annual Dear Jack Foundation Benefit are now available. It'll take place on November 11th at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles

Submitted by tub and rug

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
03:24 PM on 10/11/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
05:49 PM on 10/11/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Cool poster
06:05 PM on 10/11/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
Man, if I still lived in the LA area i'd totally be there!

I'd love to be a baller and toss down $500 for a booth! lol
07:49 PM on 10/11/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Question if anyone knows:

How do you get the tickets if the card holder is not you? Because it's all will-call to prevent scalping. Will possibly trade in a Xmas present for these from someone.
09:38 PM on 10/11/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
One day, I will make the trip out west for this (or it could become an east coast thing too, that would rule).
11:05 PM on 10/11/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I wonder if it would be cost effective for him to be filming this and then release the video file Louie CK style and donate the proceeds to charity.
10:40 AM on 10/12/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
I wonder if it would be cost effective for him to be filming this and then release the video file Louie CK style and donate the proceeds to charity.
He said they may be doing a live stream.
01:47 PM on 10/12/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
He said they may be doing a live stream.
That would be sweet if it's proshot and not just one stationary camera. Hopefully someone rips it or he releases it afterwards
09:14 PM on 10/12/13
MeaghanAllen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Question if anyone knows:

How do you get the tickets if the card holder is not you? Because it's all will-call to prevent scalping. Will possibly trade in a Xmas present for these from someone.
Definitely make sure you verify this with the venue before you buy a bunch of tickets, but in my experience attending shows there that are will call only, if you bring the card with a name on it and an ID, they'll usually be cool with that. Otherwise, if you call and explain the situation before the show (like, right after you buy the ticket so that it doesn't look like you're scalping), you can usually get them transferred (sometimes they charge a couple bucks). I mean, think of how many kids go to these shows and their parents buy them the tickets on their cards. You just need to not wait until the last minute to do it.
10:31 PM on 10/12/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Definitely make sure you verify this with the venue before you buy a bunch of tickets, but in my experience attending shows there that are will call only, if you bring the card with a name on it and an ID, they'll usually be cool with that. Otherwise, if you call and explain the situation before the show (like, right after you buy the ticket so that it doesn't look like you're scalping), you can usually get them transferred (sometimes they charge a couple bucks). I mean, think of how many kids go to these shows and their parents buy them the tickets on their cards. You just need to not wait until the last minute to do it.
Yeah exactly to the last point, it's such a big deal for the DJB shows that they do this to prevent scalping, but how do they account for gift-tickets? I think there is a way, I just wanted to check if anyone knew already before I have to get into it.

Thanks!
10:25 AM on 11/18/13
Jakesmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I WISH.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles