1. How did you get your band name? A favourite album of mine is by Japan, entitled, "Gentlemen Take Polaroids". Hence insinuating, I am indeed a gentleman.
2. How did this band get started? My last band Burn The Negative split after two successful albums and I continued writing, so, We Take Polaroids was born out the ashes.
3. What bands are you influenced by? I'm not influenced by any specific band, but scenes are more inspiring to me, the late 70s early 80s post punk scene was cool, I like New Romantics, but I can't draw on that really, I LIKE band like Wild Beasts, The Horrors, The Presets, London Grammer, NIN, Boards of Canada and a whole lot more, but I can't say I draw from any of those either. Maybe subconsciously?
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Depeche Mode, The Horrors, Wild Beasts just because they're great live, my music would maybe compliment or contrast with theirs in a way.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Noodles. Festivals especially.
6. Why should people listen to your band? Because it has integrity, accessibility, credibility and makes your head nod.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Daley Thompson, then I'd be retired.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? My Mam! Oh... and Louise, my fiancée, Matt Stuart (label owner, and Eddy Temple Morris at XFM London. Just because they all gave a toss.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Piracy in digital downloads.
10. Memorable tour experience? Touring all the big festies in 2009 with Burn The Negative. Glasto, Isle of Wight, V, Hop Farm, Creamfields, and the rest and finishing the summer tour at Ibiza Rocks with Soulwax. BOOOM!
11. What does AP.net mean to you? An informative box of lunacy.
12. What is your favorite song to play? My new single "New Horizons."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Bermuda. Love it.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Bowie, Beatles, Japan, Gary Numan, The Glitter Band!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Hypnotism - To hypnotise the general public into thinking there's more to life than an A list radio track.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? None really, I like to sit in a dark corner and keep quiet!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? I produced house music for nearly 20 years, as Lil' Devious and Percy Filth and signed Calvin Harris' first ever single and helped him produce it.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? My tunes are built for national radio but I think the state of it shows a lot of closed doors and back patting.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Spending time with my two kids, Lola 18 Months and Jude 10 weeks!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I suppose I'm good at drawing and DJ like a demon.