Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42
07:40 AM on 10/15/13
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
Saw these guys when they opened for Allister. It was one of those times where you hear a band as an opener for the first time. I was hooked. I bought the album and a shirt that night. This album has been on regular rotation since then. This is why we don't have nice things is my personal favorite.
07:49 AM on 10/15/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I'd love to win this because I've never been to the Fair. My parents locked me in the basement and fed me turnip greens and mung beans. I was never allowed fried food. And god forbid I even glance at a ferris wheel.
08:01 AM on 10/15/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I'm a big fan of these guys and I haven't had a chance to pick this up on vinyl yet. Would love this bundle. Plus, I'm not a variant collector so I would happily share the other variants with friends. Gotta spread the love!
08:34 AM on 10/15/13
f00te
Tell it like a comeback story
User Info.
I remember listening to my Drive Thru and Rushmore records compilation and hearing "Eastern Homes and Western Hearts" for the first time. I bought The Rocking Chairs Years later that week and loved it ever since.
09:04 AM on 10/15/13
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Being originally from North Jersey, i was around when the Drive Thru invasion took over, signing multiple bands from the area (Bergen County) to the label as well as to Rushmore. I had been a big fan of ADATF due to listening to Chris's former band Lanemeyer (both of their albums are still in rotation on my iPod today!) and was instantly hooked. Chris's continuation of the band was evident on their first EP with the re-recording of "Another Lonely Winter" I remember seeing Lanemeyer after Chris had left the band and being upset they didn't play that song (it held a special meaning between me and a former girlfriend) until I learned of ADATF. Once the Rocking Chair Years was out, It was on constant play in my truck during my long drives between Philly and NJ to see my girlfriend.

Shortly before the bands breakup. I remember skipping out of studying for finals to see them play on South Street in Philly along with another Rushmore/NJ Band Madison. Once I got to the door and was informed by the doorman that ADATF would not be playing due to their "van breaking down" I was quite upset. Unfortunately due to a busy work schedule with "adult life" getting in the way, I have not had a chance to see any of the reunion shows (such as Maxwell's back in 2011) and getting a copy of this vinyl would definitely be awesome to add to my connection with Chris's music on multiple levels!
09:13 AM on 10/15/13
ihaveblink
User Info.
I would love to win a vinyl copy of this because it's an awesome album and I really would love to have it for my collection. I never met anybody who liked or maybe even heard this band, but they really stuck out to me and this album IS under-rated.
09:23 AM on 10/15/13
RIPFenixTX
User Info.
This album meant the world to me when it came out. I remember first discovering A Day At The Fair when they opened for Fenix TX and Houston Calls at the Fenix TX's reunion show. That night, I bought the album from their merch table. I was at a point in my life where a lot had happened and nostalgia became a daily habit of mine. This album worked through all of those emotions with me. I know this is all so stereotypical and that I'm sure EVERYONE on this site has had a similar experience with some album. But for what it's worth, this album represented MY moment in life.
10:33 AM on 10/15/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I actually never listened to these guys until today, after reading your review. I was not disappointed - and would love to have a copy!
11:06 AM on 10/15/13
Lews Therin
User Info.
Easily one of the most underrated pop-punk albums out there. I used to listen to this LP all the time when it came out. I've recently revisited it when news of the vinyl pressing came out earlier in this year and its been in rotation since. However, as a poor graduate student I can't afford to splurge on anything that isn't food. I would love to own a copy of this; thank you for putting this contest on, good luck everyone!
11:45 AM on 10/15/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I just need a few records to fill up the last empty space of my shelf to start the next one. C'mon.
01:25 PM on 10/15/13
Rustymuffdiver
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really want this record so badly. I loved these guys I would follow them around to all their shows at little strip malls and abandoned Elks Lodges just trying to meet them but, it was so difficult pushing my way through that average crowd of 12 people. I can't tell you how many times I wished I was getting plowed in the back of their 1983 Astro van they called a tour bus with that sweet 5 by 10 trailer attached to that looked like it was used to haul illegals through the desert. God those were the good ole days. Getting this album would mean as much to me as actually selling one would mean to the band. Please pick me!
01:58 PM on 10/15/13
PocketRocket
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would love to win this. I am their biggest fan and probably the oldest at 39. My room in my mom's house is covered in oversized jean jackets and Day at the Fair tour merchandise. In fact when some of my close to 41 cats are not shitting all over my room I can actually see the Eastern Hearts and Western Homes travel mug I bought from their show at the Rockaway Township gazebo in 2004 when they were on their "We Will Vote for Kerry" tour. My mom only let's me play their album when she is at canasta on Tuesday mornings at the senior center. So I would listen to all three of these while sitting in the bathtub with my Hello Kitty shaving kit and a fresh bowl of Progresso soup.
10:22 PM on 10/15/13
bdjac82
User Info.
I just discovered this band due to this post. I don't want to win this bundle since I just ordered it for myself, but I did want to say that I listened to the album via Spotify on my commute home tonight and it blew me away! I love being able to discover a band for the first time years after they've come and gone. Thanks for the new addition to my library and good luck to everyone hoping to win the record.
03:16 AM on 10/16/13
hank123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really like this record, thanx 4 competition
04:45 AM on 10/16/13
L-dawg
BHR Records
User Info.
I just discovered this band due to this post. I don't want to win this bundle since I just ordered it for myself, but I did want to say that I listened to the album via Spotify on my commute home tonight and it blew me away! I love being able to discover a band for the first time years after they've come and gone. Thanks for the new addition to my library and good luck to everyone hoping to win the record.
Thanks for the purchase. Glad you took the time to listen. This record means the world to me and I am just glad to be able to release it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos