AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

The Classic Crime To Record 10 "Re-Imagined"...

Posted by: Jake Denning (10/16/13)
The Classic Crime are celebrating a decade of existence, and to celebrate, they're going to record 10 acoustic "re-imagined" versions of songs from the very beginning of their career, all the way to present. To do this, they've started another Kickstarter project, which you can check out here.

Update: The Kickstarter has already surpassed its $15,000 goal in less than a day.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30.
01:48 PM on 10/16/13
Elvini
User Info.
'A decade of existing'... Is this band still a thing? I remember loving The Fight but that was a couple of years ago.
01:52 PM on 10/16/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
I feel like the purpose of a Kickstarter isn't to rely on it more than once to fund your own projects.
02:12 PM on 10/16/13
Jake Denning
@Jake_Denning
User Info.
I feel like the purpose of a Kickstarter isn't to rely on it more than once to fund your own projects.

The project won't happen if the funds aren't there. The members do work other jobs to provide for their families. I believe Matt is still doing catering.
02:35 PM on 10/16/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
I'll back this, I'd love to hear some acoustic-ish, re-imagined versions of some of their songs. Some of their later albums had some filler, but they have some incredible songs in their discography.
02:40 PM on 10/16/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
'A decade of existing'... Is this band still a thing? I remember loving The Fight but that was a couple of years ago.
They've had 3 albums and an EP since then.

I'm so excited for this, Seattle Sessions is so great. I can't wait to hear more acoustic tunes from them.
03:51 PM on 10/16/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Seattle Acoustic Sessions is hands down the best thing they have ever released.

This could be cool.
04:04 PM on 10/16/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
inb4Mixtapes
05:17 PM on 10/16/13
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
Yeah, I feel like this is a bit extreme. How much studio time could you need to record songs you've been playing for years?

What about individual value for a customer? $25 isn't enough to include a T-shirt the band can make, buy, and ship for less than $10?

They're charging $25 for an album full of songs the fans have already heard. I'm sure it'll sound great, but goddamn.

The next tier is $50 for the $25 remix album, a $10 t-shirt you won't want to wear in public, and your name in a booklet. What a steal.

Do I sound cynical?
05:20 PM on 10/16/13
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Holy shit, they already got the $15000. Good for them.
05:37 PM on 10/16/13
mrgenious
the sugary smell of spring time
User Info.
When will people get over bands using kick starter? It's not like they're forcing people to donate. It's not like they're tricking them into anything. People donate to it because they want to hear the music.
06:24 PM on 10/16/13
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
Hopefully I'll get to back this. This sounds amazing.
06:25 PM on 10/16/13
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
User Info.
I can't afford to back this, but I love The Classic Crime, and I'm glad they've already met their goal. Are people still sore about whatever they did on Kickstarter before? Something about a backing reward being a piece of hair or something?
06:35 PM on 10/16/13
llluminate
User Info.
Yeah, I feel like this is a bit extreme. How much studio time could you need to record songs you've been playing for years?

What about individual value for a customer? $25 isn't enough to include a T-shirt the band can make, buy, and ship for less than $10?

They're charging $25 for an album full of songs the fans have already heard. I'm sure it'll sound great, but goddamn.

The next tier is $50 for the $25 remix album, a $10 t-shirt you won't want to wear in public, and your name in a booklet. What a steal.

Do I sound cynical?
It's all voluntary, of course. Clearly the fans value it enough or else they wouldn't have donated.
07:17 PM on 10/16/13
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
It's all voluntary, of course. Clearly the fans value it enough or else they wouldn't have donated.
The backers here are essentially tipping the band $10~ and $20~ per purchase, and that's just for the $25 and $50 tiers.

Fans have every right to do that, and it's great if they do; I just have a hard time believing people would do that in any other scenario. Maybe I'm wrong.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS