Username
Password

06:26 PM on 10/17/13 
User Info.
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
Philly / Boston
Male - 21 Years Old
So I've been in a relationship with this girl for the past 5 months, the first being just a casual thing but for the last 4 we tried making it more of a serious, exclusive thing. It was nice at first but I've realized in the past week, there's nothing I find interesting about anymore in her, ran out of things to talk about, and despite a mutual interest in stuff like music and a couple other things there's nothing else that really attracts me to her and it's now a chore to even bother texting her back for me. She's the third actual relationship I've had and I'm not really sure how to break it off with her, especially since it seems like she's still really into me. My first girlfriend cheated on me, and the second was a mutual break up so never really had to deal with something this before. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach breaking off this relationship, she's a nice girl so I don't really wanna break her heart?

Long story short, anyone know how to break up with a girl and let her down easy?
06:49 PM on 10/17/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 24 Years Old
I was just in the same situation a couple of weeks ago. It was hard because he was really really into me and finally it got to the point where I just had to do it because A) he was getting very attached and B) the thought of hanging out with him was repulsing me. It was hard to do it and I played with the idea of it for a few weeks before I actually said anything.

I pretty much just texted him and was like "I need to talk to you about something, do you want to text or meet up" FORTUNATELY he said text and I just said something along the lines of " I don't think things are going that great between us, I don't think we should hang out anymore."
We'd only been talking for like 3-4 mos so I don't think it was that big of a deal to text it, not like I tried to end some long time relationship with a text message.

He didn't ask for reasoning or anything, he just got super pissed off. The girl will most likely? ask you why, so I'd just tell her the honest truth- you just don't feel anything between you two. I'd want to know the truth and not get some lie like "oh, I'm just so busy working on myself right now!" excuse.

good luck. it's hard to break up with someone when they didn't do anything wrong, but definitely something to do sooner rather than later.
07:09 PM on 10/17/13 
User Info.
buck dutter
Arizona
Male
if she's really into you, and you don't want to break her heart, you should just stay with her until you guys get married and then she wants to divorce you.

if that situation isn't appealing, you have to realize that it's shitty, but she's gonna be hurt, especially if she likes you. but a lot of dudes would choose to just keep letting this go on and then REALLY break her to pieces later on, so its best youre doing this a few months in. just keep it straight, tell her the deal and get on with life.
10:12 PM on 10/17/13 
User Info.
eriatarka24
I'd want to know the truth and not get some lie like "oh, I'm just so busy working on myself right now!" excuse.

this, by miles.
01:33 AM on 10/18/13 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 20 Years Old
go on a final date and fake your own death in a way that will traumatize her for the rest of her life.

Something like this would be great. This Halloween decoration looked so real that someone called 911.

08:21 AM on 10/18/13 
User Info.
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
Huntsville, AL
Male - 26 Years Old
There isn't really an easy way of letting her down. I'd say the easiest possible way you could let her down is by doing it as soon as possible. Don't beat around the bush, but don't be an asshole. If you're sincere she'll see that eventually. If she doesn't then she's insane and you're better off getting out of it anyway.

I've been there. A few years after we dated and broke up we actually became really good friends and it wasn't weird because things were dealt with properly. Good luck and let us know!
08:48 AM on 10/18/13 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
Good luck man, you can do it.
01:50 PM on 10/18/13 
User Info.
dohare
No Avatar Selected
Swedesboro, NJ
Male - 23 Years Old
go to a party, get her drunk, pay your friend $20 to forcefully make out with her. break up with her because she's a cheating whore.
02:00 PM on 10/18/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
Maybe it's because my heart is dark and cold, but I just try to be honest. The first guy I ever broke up with I just kind of did it out of the blue with no warning or explanation (I was pretty young), and I still regret it. Now I try to be as honest as possible. I don't really beat around the bush. I mean, granted I haven't dumped many guys before, but I try to be honest so they don't think there's any chance that we will rekindle it in the future. I want them to know it's done 100% and basically crush their hope haha. I just really hate when an ex keeps calling over and over, so I try to make it clear as possible that it's not gonna happen. Also, try to do it as soon as possible because leading someone on or wasting their time sucks.
05:45 PM on 10/18/13 
User Info.
MyShameYourMom
28 Years Old
I think we should cool things off for a bit
03:33 AM on 10/19/13 
User Info.
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
Mering, Germany
Male - 27 Years Old
Whatever you do, do it soon and be honest about it. Don't let things drag on...my girlfriend of almost 4.5 years (we lived together for the past 3) broke up with me out of the blue two months ago (a day after she returned from being in Australia for a month, no less) because deep down she had been unhappy with us for awhile, then eventually she didn't see any future with me. She never ONCE expressed her unhappiness to me or anyone else (at least not directly), hence why this was a shock to literally everyone we know. Now she's probably convinced herself long enough that I can't be the man she would want, so I don't know if I'll be able to get her back at some point. I'll be goddamn fucking damned if I don't at least try, though. It would've been great if she had told me earlier about the things about me that bothered her, so I maybe could've worked on changing them. Now I'm left trying to do that on my own, which really sucks sometimes.

Anyway, my point is: there's probably no good/easy way to go about it, so the next time you see her, I would just tell her you need to talk to her about something, and then let it out. Don't drag it out, don't go beating around the bush.
07:52 AM on 10/19/13 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Yup, the best thing to do is be honest and say "You are a great girl, but I just don't think we're clicking anymore, and I think we should break up." It'll suck, but there is really no nice way to break up with someone, so it's better to just get it over with. As for the text vs. person - after four months, you should probably do it in person, maybe while getting coffee or something that naturally doesn't take that long.
03:05 PM on 10/19/13 
User Info.
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
Yup, the best thing to do is be honest and say "You are a great girl, but I just don't think we're clicking anymore, and I think we should break up." It'll suck, but there is really no nice way to break up with someone, so it's better to just get it over with. As for the text vs. person - after four months, you should probably do it in person, maybe while getting coffee or something that naturally doesn't take that long.
Really lovin this avatar.
04:33 PM on 10/19/13 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 26 Years Old
Really lovin this avatar.
Thanks, yo. I love my angry Grinch, even when its not Xmas time.
07:55 AM on 10/20/13 
User Info.
carrythetom
No Avatar Selected
Baltimore, MD
Male
good luck!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music