04:56 AM on 10/19/13
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Nooooooooooooooooo
05:26 AM on 10/19/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I saw my first show here - Angels & Airwaves. Changed my life.
05:37 AM on 10/19/13
citi_matt
User Info.
Ahh I saw AFI there as well in 06..one of the last times they opened with Miseria Cantare. Beautiful old theater, sad to see it closing.
06:04 AM on 10/19/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Ahh I saw AFI there as well in 06..one of the last times they opened with Miseria Cantare. Beautiful old theater, sad to see it closing.
So glad someone else can relate!
06:06 AM on 10/19/13
WhatJulianSaid
User Info.
Think I might have seen a few shows there. I know I saw blaq audio there
You're probably thinking of Grand Ballroom
07:34 AM on 10/19/13
YoShitsGoinDown
User Info.
I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else take it over. The Bowery perhaps? Not one of my favorite venues, still a lot of good memories there though. Never good to see venues closing.
07:38 AM on 10/19/13
WhatJulianSaid
User Info.
I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else take it over. The Bowery perhaps? Not one of my favorite venues, still a lot of good memories there though. Never good to see venues closing.
As long as it's not who owns Irving/Gramercy, hate paying ticket fees at the box office.
07:59 AM on 10/19/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
As long as it's not who owns Irving/Gramercy, hate paying ticket fees at the box office.
You mean Live Nation?
08:00 AM on 10/19/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
That would be a war between Bowery and Live Nation! LN did snake the Wellmont so this could be revenge.
08:30 AM on 10/19/13
WhatJulianSaid
User Info.

I guess? You would know haha
08:50 AM on 10/19/13
jpmalone4
5 Meowmeowbeenz
User Info.
Wow. I think my first show there was The Ataris, Juliana Theory, and Further Seems Forever in like 2003. This is definitely a bummer for NYC.
09:12 AM on 10/19/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Too bad. My first show there was Taking Back Sunday, Atreyu and Funeral For a Friend back in '04.

This area is losing venues left and right.
09:16 AM on 10/19/13
YoShitsGoinDown
User Info.
Too bad. My first show there was Taking Back Sunday, Atreyu and Funeral For a Friend back in '04.

This area is losing venues left and right.
Wasn't my first show, but I was at that one as well. Was an awesome night, and still the only time I've heard TBS play "The Union".
09:17 AM on 10/19/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Roseland has always been one of my least favorite venues... I know it's extremely culturally relevant, but if this closure pushes a couple of the smaller venues into premiere status then I say it's 100% worth it.

I've seen some great shows at Roseland, but I'd rather see those shows at nearly any other venue in the city. I agree with the post earlier about the only better possible closure in the city would have been Hammerstein.
09:56 AM on 10/19/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Roseland has always been one of my least favorite venues... I know it's extremely culturally relevant, but if this closure pushes a couple of the smaller venues into premiere status then I say it's 100% worth it.

I've seen some great shows at Roseland, but I'd rather see those shows at nearly any other venue in the city. I agree with the post earlier about the only better possible closure in the city would have been Hammerstein.
I think the only thing saving Hammerstein are the balconies to be honest. Roseland only has one upper level which is GA. Hammerstein has actual seats on 2 levels. It's also perfect for sit down shows, not to mention wrestling and other special events. Also Hammerstein is bigger than Roseland capacity wise 3500-3200. There was really no need for Live Nation to have both venues. Hammerstein keeps getting the almost arena ready tours while Roseland keeps getting artists on the way down.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests