Username
Password
Purevolume News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Purevolume
Inside AP.net

PureVolume Presents: The Sounds Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/22/13)
PureVolume recently spoke with Maja Ivarsson (The Sounds) about the band's upcoming new album, Weekend.
And you start to wonder about it. But maybe it has something to do with age, you know? I mean, gosh—we’re getting old. Well, kind of. I just turned 34 last week. But I kind of like it so far. And I want to grow old. I think it’s a beautiful thing, getting older, as long as you don’t totally turn ugly and fat and unhealthy. Although I have gained some weight lately. But hey—why not? And I think when you write songs, and this goes for most people, there’s always a certain time in your life, like your teenage years and your early 20s, where those years are so intense and so dramatic.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
03:14 PM on 10/22/13
domotime2
Shut Your Mouths While I'm Talking
User Info.
fucking love this band so much and it just pains me to see how little recognition they get. Maja is a true rock star
04:23 PM on 10/22/13
constant
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Saw them last night and they were amazing, as usual.
04:36 PM on 10/22/13
domotime2
User Info.
Saw them last night and they were amazing, as usual.

how are the crowds for them in Europe? (I'm assuming Europe)

I've seen them twice in NYC now and both times the crowds are so incredibly weak. How they're not dancing to DANCE music is beyond me
06:26 PM on 10/22/13
xSpillFiction
Mama, I'm Satan
User Info.

I've seen them twice in NYC now and both times the crowds are so incredibly weak. How they're not dancing to DANCE music is beyond me
i try to catch em every time they're in nyc. i agree with this for the most part. idk how people aren't dancing and going wild. though their show at webster hall a year or two ago was WILD and half the crowd ended up on stage...

plus, maja's got so much sex appeal it's impossible not to be turned on and ready to party.
09:55 PM on 10/22/13
domotime2
User Info.
i try to catch em every time they're in nyc. i agree with this for the most part. idk how people aren't dancing and going wild. though their show at webster hall a year or two ago was WILD and half the crowd ended up on stage...

plus, maja's got so much sex appeal it's impossible not to be turned on and ready to party.

I don't understand how people are just standing there with drinks in their hands.... my body does NOT compute that at all.
12:52 AM on 10/25/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
I've been living in Copenhagen for 18 months and was hoping for a show. Think they played Gothenburg or Malmo in Sweden recently but I missed them as I'm now back in Australia.
Hope they play some more when I get back over there. Top band.
02:26 PM on 11/16/13
constant
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Late reply is late, but it was in SF. The crowd was alright and everyone around me was dancing, but I was in the front so that's pretty expected.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests