Username
Password
Video News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33.
12:26 PM on 10/24/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
Still sound the same? and they've gotten rid of members.

1. really all they did was remove the screaming, but they already had a lot of singing anyways
2. the rest of that album would fit in with this new song if he screamed maybe a few lines
3. they only got rid of a guitarist (and didn't replace him) since they have been signed
4. musically its not to different
12:28 PM on 10/24/13
AquaMan
Customized User Title
User Info.
Sad I missed out on the Indiegogo campaign, but I'm fully behind these guys. Over the years, they have slowly earned their spot in my Top 10!
12:40 PM on 10/24/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1. really all they did was remove the screaming, but they already had a lot of singing anyways
2. the rest of that album would fit in with this new song if he screamed maybe a few lines
3. they only got rid of a guitarist (and didn't replace him) since they have been signed
Yeah, I don't think Collin was much of the reason for a slight change in sound.
12:41 PM on 10/24/13
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
All of these things. It is interesting though because at first they do appear to be really different styles. He's changed up his singing stylistically and it's mixed/mastered a little more evenly instead of the aggressive rhythm section, but yea, very similar.
12:41 PM on 10/24/13
B.Leibo
User Info.

Signed? I'm pretty sure they're only using Epitaph for physical distribution if not at all and are independent now. This is what I mean all the subtle changes... add up to a lot of change. Also removing screaming changes the sound quite a bit, you make it seem minor.
12:57 PM on 10/24/13
Cpt. Geech
Foreign Tongues
User Info.
Signed? I'm pretty sure they're only using Epitaph for physical distribution if not at all and are independent now. This is what I mean all the subtle changes... add up to a lot of change. Also removing screaming changes the sound quite a bit, you make it seem minor.
They're not signed at all. This is all their own doing..which...is quite impressive.
01:17 PM on 10/24/13
colorfast
I'm a paintbrush in a way.
User Info.
question is, what does trevor do on stage when they play this song live? dance and try to look like he's doing something? haha.
He actually sings a ton in this song. About 50/50. He is the rougher vocals. Him and his brother just look a lot alike so it's probably hard to tell when it switches person in the video.
01:21 PM on 10/24/13
Nickisonfire
Waffles
User Info.
It's too bad these guys peaked with The Ghosts Among Us.
01:37 PM on 10/24/13
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, Ghosts Among Us and WWAE were their peaks. I miss the technical guitar work.
02:31 PM on 10/24/13
mattdbf
Divided by Friday
User Info.
never listened to their old stuff, but i like this a lot
02:54 PM on 10/24/13
rushour144
User Info.
I actually really like this track. Has an older sound feel to it, but with the cleans that Trevor has adopted...this is what I was envisioning Age of Innocence would've sounded like. This makes up for all the bad, which in my opinion was all but about 3 1/2 tracks. I am glad that they have discerned this sound, it really works for them.

I still am hoping for more screams, and I don't say that to relive the past; I say that because Trevor has one of the best screams I have ever heard and it would be a shame to lose that in the music scene.
02:56 PM on 10/24/13
rushour144
User Info.
question is, what does trevor do on stage when they play this song live? dance and try to look like he's doing something? haha.
Yea, it is tough to discern between Matt and Trevor, but they now share clean vocal duties, each singing about 50%. Their voices are VERY similar though, Trevor's is a hair deeper and a bit 'grainier', if you know what I mean.
07:34 PM on 10/24/13
zachtft
The Falling Trance
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In my opinion all the band has done is progressed pretty naturally. I think the sound change seems a bit more drastic with this band because with them being so young when they wrote their first material (14 and 16 if i remember correctly) their style of playing probably just progressed a lot quicker with them now being 20 or so than say someone releasing material between ages 22-28.
07:45 AM on 10/25/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I actually really like this track. Has an older sound feel to it, but with the cleans that Trevor has adopted...this is what I was envisioning Age of Innocence would've sounded like. This makes up for all the bad, which in my opinion was all but about 3 1/2 tracks. I am glad that they have discerned this sound, it really works for them.

I still am hoping for more screams, and I don't say that to relive the past; I say that because Trevor has one of the best screams I have ever heard and it would be a shame to lose that in the music scene.

Agreed. AOI had maybe 4 tracks I really liked and the rest was either average with one truly awful synthy song at the end. Enjoying this song: 4/5.
01:38 PM on 10/25/13
rushour144
User Info.
Agreed. AOI had maybe 4 tracks I really liked and the rest was either average with one truly awful synthy song at the end. Enjoying this song: 4/5.
Yea, I still can't fathom how they can justify Invincible...fanboys and girls can hate and say it's progression, but I don't see it that way. I see it as a producer wanting them to try something new, and it failed miserably. I mean, don't get me wrong, there were some really standout tracks on that album...but they should've taken those tracks (Fate, Age of Innocence, Liberate Me, Enemy, and A Sun that Never Sets) and made and awesome EP. There were just way too many filler tracks on that album... but the cover songs and Same Old War show me that they won't be repeating that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS