Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
08:35 PM on 10/25/13
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
Disgusted that they would join Katy Perry and her homophobic self. So displeased.
08:02 PM on 10/26/13
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
Huh? Care to elaborate?
Have you heard "I Kissed a Girl"? It completely disregards bisexuality as a legitimate sexuality.
09:19 PM on 10/29/13
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
I'm bothered by what you said for some reason...
First, the way you phrased that criticism makes it sound like unless a POP HIT song is going to mention each and every recognized legitimate sexuality, it better not mention one at all. Second, I think it's a mistake to assume Perry is sharing a true tale of sexual experimentation in I Kissed A Girl. Her music is formulated for the purpose of making huge amounts of money and getting buttloads of radio play, not to be her personal memoirs of her misspent youth(in that she did not have one). Am i the only one who thinks coming down on a pop superstar for not being politically correct to the absolute max is a waste of time? I think that IF ANYTHING we ought to be absolutely overjoyed that a team like Tegan and Sara, who do write honest and true songs that ARE intended to tell the tale of their lives, to which all legitimate sexualities are talked about and encouraged, have become an entity capable of receiving this type of exposure. Congrats to them, no shame on Katy.
No, I don't expect her to address every possible sexuality. She very clearly makes bisexuality seem more as a fun thing and not something where you could actually love another person of the same sex. "Doesn't mean I'm in love tonight."

"No, I don't even know your name, it doesn't matter.
You're my experimental game, just human nature.
It's not what good girls do, not how they should behave."

Sorry, but the lyrics do say it all. I'm not hating a pop superstar "just because." I'm hating on her, because the songs she sings are fucking dumb and homophobic.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums