AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

All Shall Perish Were "Pressured" To Fire Former Vocalist

Posted by - 12:42 PM on 10/25/13
All Shall Perish bassist Mike Tiner spoke with Metal Injection about how Suicide Silence's management basically gave the band no choice but to fire their former vocalist Eddie Hermida, who was then announced as the new vocalist of Suicide Silence a short time later.
Suicide Silence's management informed us of all of the things All Shall Perish would and would not be "allowed" to do. All Shall Perish could not play a show until Eddie was well "established" as the new singer of Suicide Silence. Suicide Silence's management told us that they would have to be well into their new album and touring cycle before All Shall Perish could be seen again with Eddie," Tiner told Metal Injection.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
12:49 PM on 10/25/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Sounds like a pretty shitty situation. There's always two sides to every story, but if this checks out then it seems like Eddie might have burned some bridges.
02:40 PM on 10/25/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I don't like or know much about either band at all, but I do think it's lame for the guy's original band if this is how it went down. Sucks they couldn't find a more business appropriate resolution, but respect to them for telling it like it is.
04:38 PM on 10/25/13
justfoldedflags
User Info.
They haven't released anything in a WHILE though, I genuinely thought they broke up before all this but apparently not. Obviously Eddy knew what he was getting into and realised it was time to move into something that had more going for it.
05:34 PM on 10/25/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Damn, that's really lame. I'm definitely a bigger ASP fan.
10:01 PM on 10/25/13
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
I really don't think new SS is gonna catch on. People will just compare everything to Mitch
03:20 PM on 10/26/13
Grub
User Info.
ASP>SS
06:11 AM on 10/28/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I never got into SS, but I really enjoyed almost everything that ASP put out. Really hope they can find a suitable vocalist and continue, but I'm doubtful since there's virtual no original members left.
12:55 PM on 10/28/13
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
LET SUICIDE SILENCE DIE JUST START A NEW FUCKING BAND DON'T GO RUINING OTHER BANDS!!! THIS IS SO FUCKING JANK.
12:57 AM on 10/29/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
In my opinion, Suicide Silence should have just broke up.
05:33 AM on 01/07/14
Shunketsu
haxxxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like how people seem to think it was "Mitch's Band" and can only be "Mitch's Band" when there's 4 other fucking people in Suicide Silence. 4 other people besides Mitch worked hard to create what has become Suicide Silence. Why stop just because they hit a rough spot with Mitch's passing? I don't see a reason too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos