Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Yet Another Blink 182 "Untitled" Show Added

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/25/13)
Due to demand Blink 182 have added another Untitled show on November 13th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
03:53 PM on 10/25/13
ARo2431
User Info.
Five shows in one city is ridiculous. There's a high demand every where tour already.
03:59 PM on 10/25/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Am I missing something? The Facebook, website, and ticketmaster only have four shows listed.

Edit: just saw the tweet. Holy shit.

Maybe they should have done the two small shows for the special occasion and a bigger arena show to accommodate the high demand? Seems like three shows with one large one is much more efficient than 5 shows.
03:59 PM on 10/25/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
This is awesome. Hope the band decides to expand it to other cities since they clearly see there's lots of demand
04:01 PM on 10/25/13
Jonathan Lally
Ain't nobody got time for that.
User Info.
I'll probably be checking out both shows at the Palladium, but I've never been to either the Palladium or the Wiltern (although I've been told the Wiltern has better sound).
04:02 PM on 10/25/13
bigfoamfinger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was actually able to grab some tickets before scalpers got in there. pretty stoked
04:05 PM on 10/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Am I missing something? The Facebook, website, and ticketmaster only have four shows listed.

Edit: just saw the tweet. Holy shit.

Maybe they should have done the two small shows for the special occasion and a bigger arena show to accommodate the high demand? Seems like three shows with one large one is much more efficient than 5 shows.
04:17 PM on 10/25/13
tjdohner21
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
blink 182 dont care about black people!!! - kanye

Expand tour to other cities!!!!
04:31 PM on 10/25/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
There's no way this is/was a good idea. Wiltern must have some kind of exclusivity deal with them - I can't imagine any other reason why you'd do what amounts to a weeklong residency for an event like this.

edit: see a few posts down for correction about the exclusivity thing
04:32 PM on 10/25/13
ZEZEtheX
in the FOBR jail.
User Info.
I LOVE the Self-titled album and had tickets in my cart for The Wiltern shows but I just couldn't do it because The Wiltern is goddamn terrible.
04:33 PM on 10/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
There's no way this is/was a good idea. Wiltern must have some kind of exclusivity deal with them - I can't imagine any other reason why you'd do what amounts to a weeklong residency for an event like this.
Because a lot of people wanna pay to go see it ... ?
04:39 PM on 10/25/13
TAI182
User Info.
Wiltern must have some kind of exclusivity deal with them - I can't imagine any other reason why you'd do what amounts to a weeklong residency for an event like this.

Only 3/5 of the shows are at the Wiltern. The first two are at the Hollywood Palladium.
04:39 PM on 10/25/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Only 3/5 of the shows are at the Wiltern. The first two are at the Hollywood Palladium.
Because a lot of people wanna pay to go see it ... ?
I take back the part about exclusivity because I didn't realize there were two Palladium shows too

BUT, still - it seems very odd to me that they'd choose to play 5 small shows in Los Angeles instead of spreading the love. I can't imagine it's anything to do with money or demand, because plenty of big markets still care deeply about Blink.

They're welcome to celebrate their record's anniversary however they want to, and maybe there's some serious nostalgia at these venues. I don't know. I just do know that from the fan-minded and business-minded points of view, 5 shows in the same place is illogical.
04:42 PM on 10/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I take back the part about exclusivity because I didn't realize there were two Palladium shows too

BUT, still - it seems very odd to me that they'd choose to play 5 small shows in Los Angeles instead of spreading the love. I can't imagine it's anything to do with money or demand, because plenty of big markets still care deeply about Blink.

They're welcome to celebrate their record's anniversary however they want to, and maybe there's some serious nostalgia at these venues. I don't know. I just do know that from the fan-minded and business-minded points of view, 5 shows in the same place is illogical.
If they're all in LA for a week and don't have to travel (don't Tom and Travis live around there?) it makes sense to me ... if they don't have to travel and can play 5 sold out shows in a row and and minimize setup and other costs? This seems brilliant. It's why Las Vegas performers do it.
04:45 PM on 10/25/13
Jonathan Lally
Ain't nobody got time for that.
User Info.

If they're all in LA for a week and don't have to travel (don't Tom and Travis live around there?) it makes sense to me ... if they don't have to travel and can play 5 sold out shows in a row and and minimize setup and other costs? This seems brilliant. It's why Las Vegas performers do it.

If you consider that the band's roots are in southern california, it makes a lot of sense. I feel that a full-blown tour for one album seems a bit overkill. I saw Motion City Soundtrack play 3 shows in San Francisco, one for each album (at the time).
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums