Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:52 AM on 10/28/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Cool list. If I was going the only band I'd absolutely have to see would be Off With Their Heads because I love them I'm still sad/angry the Canadian border guards kicked them out a year ago.

Serious question: Are the venues really as smoky as I think they are? Because I heard Florida still hasn't banned smoking indoors and that's a huge deal breaker for me. If it's not that bad maybe I could suck it up, but something tells me I'd be smelling like an ashtray for a week.
They are certainly somewhat smokey. There are always some people smoking in them but its generally only a couple of asshats. So its not overwhelmingly smoking. The beer and sweat smells still overpower the smoke smells. I hate being around smokers but it really doesn't bother me at fest because the rest of the festival is so awesome.
01:35 PM on 10/28/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
There are trade-offs in every city. I don't have to deal with smokers in Seattle, but have to be back at the bar to drink during all ages shows.

But yeah, judging from your top ten lists each year you should certainly try to make it down to Fest one of these years. Its really an experience like no other. Yes, there is some bullshit that goes on like people smoking or throwing half full cans of PBR into a crowd of people, but in the end getting to see so many of your favorite bands play to crowds far bigger than what they'd get if they managed to visit your hometown make you too happy to get worked up over any of it
04:04 PM on 10/28/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
I heard the reason you won't see a lot of what you hope to is that the bigger bands get very full very fast.

Its probably better phrased as "expect to miss a couple of bands you wanted to see due to lines / venue fullness / whatever". But unless you're being dumb about your schedule and showing up right when the band is supposed to go on you probably won't have very many issues.

8 seconds and The Venue generally don't fill all the way up. If you show up late you might get stuck in line (this happened to me with Menzingers last year because I tried to have it all and catch part of Mixtapes as well). For the headliners, they'll get pretty full so maybe if you like, try to show up for ALL right before they start playing you won't have room, but they are big venues with lots of space.

The smaller venues can be slightly harder to get into but I haven't missed a show yet. Show up 20 mins before and you probably won't have an issue. Biggest issue tends to be at the start of the day when the bigger venues haven't opened up so there are less shows going on. Can be a problem getting into venues then due less competition. Sometimes the really small venues can fill up for a great band later in the day too, so if you do really want to see someone show up a band or two sooner or just realize that if you miss one band, there is another good band playing next door.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests