AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

For Today Release New Song "Fight the Silence"

Posted by - 02:21 PM on 10/28/13
Listen to a new For Today song titled "Fight the Silence" in the replies. It will be on their new album, which is due out in early 2014 via Razor & Tie.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
02:21 PM on 10/28/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

For Today lead vocalist Mattie Montgomery explains, "One of the most devastating issues facing our modern global culture is the issue of human trafficking. No person, of any race, religion, nationality, or economic standing should ever have to live in forced subjection to another. There are over 27 MILLION people in slavery worldwide today (this is more than at any other time in human history), and yet, in the grand scheme of things, there is very little being done politically to bring this tragedy to an end. So, in light of this heinous injustice, For Today has teamed up with the A21 Campaign to help shine a light on the issue, and raise funds to continue the global effort to rescue and rehabilitate those who have been victimized, as well as to oppose and prosecute those who are responsible for the buying and selling of other human beings."

He continues, "There is a global network of sick, selfish people preying on the desperation of the broken and impoverished. Let's stand up and let our voices be heard for the sake of these voiceless captives. It's time we stand up, speak out, and Fight the Silence."
02:25 PM on 10/28/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
These guys are getting worse right? It's not just me growing out of this genre?
03:05 PM on 10/28/13
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
It's the same song.
03:36 PM on 10/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I think they only have one song they just play over and over again, so it's not really possible for them to get better or worse
04:00 PM on 10/28/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
The song is bad and it just feels like they're still attempting damage control.
04:30 PM on 10/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
It would probably be better damage control if they had chosen a charity that wasn't associated with Hillsong Church....
04:30 PM on 10/28/13
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah.. they've completely abandoned any guitar work that took effort and its sad.. because Portraits had some sick songs
05:19 PM on 10/28/13
AquaMan
Constantly evolving...
User Info.
It would probably be better damage control if they had chosen a charity that wasn't associated with Hillsong Church....
Nothing is technically wrong with Hillsong Church...
05:28 PM on 10/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Nothing is technically wrong with Hillsong Church...
Ehhhh. That megachurch has a questionable history with spreading homophobic views. They seem to have turned a corner recently, but I still don't think that would be the greatest organization to embrace considering the nature of the controversy we were referring to.
06:59 PM on 10/28/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Yeah.. they've completely abandoned any guitar work that took effort and its sad.. because Portraits had some sick songs
I mean having talented guitar players that played awesome leads on their earlier work and now its just kinda chuggy without showcasing said talent. WTF mate.
09:00 PM on 10/28/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Alright.
09:55 PM on 10/28/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.

Agreed on both points. Came here to say this haha
05:10 PM on 10/29/13
AquaMan
Constantly evolving...
User Info.
Ehhhh. That megachurch has a questionable history with spreading homophobic views. They seem to have turned a corner recently, but I still don't think that would be the greatest organization to embrace considering the nature of the controversy we were referring to.
Ohh... I see what you're getting at. Didn't know Hillsong was viewed like that. I've always loved the stuff they put out! I do understand the pitfalls that come with a church that large though.
05:12 PM on 10/29/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Ohh... I see what you're getting at. Didn't know Hillsong was viewed like that. I've always loved the stuff they put out! I do understand the pitfalls that come with a church that large though.
They have made an effort to address that in the last year or so, at least.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos