Username
Password
Green Day News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Green Day
Inside AP.net

Green Day "Early Years" Documentary

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/31/13)
Green Day are putting together a documentary of the band's years from 1987-1993. If you have video footage, flyers, or photos - you can email them here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:39 AM on 10/31/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Would love to see a documentary of their entire career, but this is still nice.
11:41 AM on 10/31/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Would love to see a documentary of their entire career, but this is still nice.
If they made this the first in a series that'd be pretty cool. Especially with American Idiot almost turning ten years old, it'd be cool to look back on that too.
11:51 AM on 10/31/13
Robb
ism
User Info.
Yeah, I'd love a few volumes of this. Pre-Dookie, Dookie-Warning, AI and beyond.
11:53 AM on 10/31/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
If they made this the first in a series that'd be pretty cool. Especially with American Idiot almost turning ten years old, it'd be cool to look back on that too.
That's a great idea. The different eras separated into different docs is better. Allows more time to be dedicated each section rather than just a ten minute blurb on the Nimrod album cycle.
11:59 AM on 10/31/13
Skumfuk41
Jesus of Suburbia
User Info.

This! I find this really cool. It's nice to look back on the early years of Green Day. Hard to beat '39/Smooth' or '1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours' (or whatever you want to refer it as), alongside the pop punk brilliance of 'Kerplunk'. It'd be awesome if they could get Al Sobrante in for this.
12:44 PM on 10/31/13
NFGDay182
User Info.
YESPLEASE.
12:57 PM on 10/31/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
This is the coolest thing Green Day has done in a decade.
01:03 PM on 10/31/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
That's a great idea. The different eras separated into different docs is better. Allows more time to be dedicated each section rather than just a ten minute blurb on the Nimrod album cycle.

I'm dating myself, but that was my beef with Behind the Music, a lot of stuff happens throughout the 25+ years of being a band. Too much to fit in an hour. I'd love to have bands dive more into it, especially a band like Green Day who has changed from a small punk band to selling out arenas.

This! I find this really cool. It's nice to look back on the early years of Green Day. Hard to beat '39/Smooth' or '1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours' (or whatever you want to refer it as), alongside the pop punk brilliance of 'Kerplunk'. It'd be awesome if they could get Al Sobrante in for this.

Exactly. I nerd out when I watch those Classic Albums Revisited shows (or whatever they are) when they bring back everyone, artists/producers/mixers, to sit down and listen to the master tapes/shoot the breeze about what was going on when they recorded it. It'd be cool to see some of the older bands get in on this too and Green Day is probably big enough to do it.
02:06 PM on 10/31/13
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.
Maybe it'll come out alongside the Blinkumentary... So never.
03:08 PM on 10/31/13
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
this is interesting... 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours was a great album so it'll be nice to see footage from that era.
05:02 PM on 10/31/13
tdlyon
User Info.
So looking forward to this. Hopefully they actually get enough footage to fill out an entire movie.
06:39 AM on 11/01/13
eastcoast-fu
lng lv th cr crsh hrts
User Info.
I love the idea of seeing more pre-eyeliner Green Day.
09:06 AM on 11/02/13
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
Awesome - finally something being released by the band that'll be worth checking out.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums