AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Blink 182 Playing BlizzCon 2013

Posted by - 12:25 PM on 10/31/13
Blink 182 will be playing the closing ceremony at BlizzCon 2013.
Southern California punk rock legends Blink-182 will be playing in front of a sold-out BlizzCon crowd on November 9, and you’re invited! If you’ve already scored tickets to BlizzCon 2013, then we’ll see you there! If you’re not on the guest list, don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. To enjoy the show from the comfort of your home, check out the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, and you’ll have a front-row seat to all the festivities, from exclusive developer panels to our famous costume contest, and what is sure to be an epic concert from Blink-182 to close out the show.

Submitted by GatorAJ

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
12:28 PM on 10/31/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
So that's why Untitled shows are not on the weekend.
12:32 PM on 10/31/13
crowdediceb0x
User Info.
Interesting. I would think that the majority of BlizzCon attendees would be all like "Fuck Blink-182"
12:34 PM on 10/31/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Wonder what blink will make for that show
12:42 PM on 10/31/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
This was the convention where Tenacious D played a few years back right?
12:44 PM on 10/31/13
GatorAJ
Careful, Icarus
User Info.
They've had Ozzy Osbourne, The Offspring, Tenacious D, and Foo Fighters before.
12:46 PM on 10/31/13
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
What the hell is a BlizzCon?
12:47 PM on 10/31/13
tub and rug
User Info.
This is about what I'd expect from a typical BlizzCon goer.

OK, sorry but let's correct this: Bad Religion is a punk rock legend. Black Flag would be a punk rock legend. The Dead Kennedys would be a punk rock legend. If members of the Ramones came back to life and showed up at Blizzcon, that would be a punk rock legend and a miracle. Blink 182 is a pop punk band - they are not a legend. Flame me all you want, I actually think they sound OK, but unless you were around when punk was born, you are not a legend... yet.
12:52 PM on 10/31/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
When I went, Patton Oswalt performed and then I also saw the Foo Fighters as well. Nerds gonna be raiding the pit this year lol
01:25 PM on 10/31/13
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
What the hell is a BlizzCon?

BlizzCon is Blizzard Entertainment. They made monumental gaming classics such as Starcraft, Warcraft, World of Warcraft and Diablo. Its their gaming convention. I'm a massive fan of blizzard games, as they are some of the most intellectually stimulating and addicting games I've ever played, and I've only heard wonderful things about BlizzCon.

With that being said, many people at BlizzCon will be happy about Blink 182 performing.
01:28 PM on 10/31/13
Spartan789013
I have unpopular opinions
User Info.
This is about what I'd expect from a typical BlizzCon goer.

OK, sorry but let's correct this: Bad Religion is a punk rock legend. Black Flag would be a punk rock legend. The Dead Kennedys would be a punk rock legend. If members of the Ramones came back to life and showed up at Blizzcon, that would be a punk rock legend and a miracle. Blink 182 is a pop punk band - they are not a legend. Flame me all you want, I actually think they sound OK, but unless you were around when punk was born, you are not a legend... yet.

And on another note, who gives a shit if they are called legends? You seem to be offended by some random author's language in promoting an artist AT THEIR CONVENTION that is VERY well known. If its going to ruin your day that this guy called them legends, you really got to get it together, dude.
01:31 PM on 10/31/13
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
Will be a good way to end the night after Bomber kills everyone and wins WCS
01:35 PM on 10/31/13
dirty sanchez
WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO STAY TRUE
User Info.
02:06 PM on 10/31/13
tub and rug
User Info.
And on another note, who gives a shit if they are called legends? You seem to be offended by some random author's language in promoting an artist AT THEIR CONVENTION that is VERY well known. If its going to ruin your day that this guy called them legends, you really got to get it together, dude.

That was taken from the link, dude!
02:13 PM on 10/31/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
blizzcon would have been really cool to go to like 5 years ago when WoW was still huge and SC2 was just coming out

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos