AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Anberlin News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Anberlin
Inside AP.net

AbsolutePunk.net Podcast: Anberlin (Episode 23)

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/01/13)
Anberlin stalk you! Seriously. This week Anberlin are our guests on the AP.net Podcast and we talk about a little bit of everything: the band's change of record labels, the re-release of Vital, what happens when a band remembers that I don't think "Adelaide" fits on Cities all that well ... and so much more. It's one of the most laid back and fun conversations we've had yet, and I think if you're a fan of the band it's a must listen.

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways: via iTunes, your own RSS feed, or streaming/downloading the mp3 in the replies. You can also find our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud. As always, we hope you enjoy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41.
10:42 AM on 11/01/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.

The podcast is also on Tumblr, iTunes, and SoundCloud.

Show Notes:
Anberlin Website
Anberlin Twitter
11:17 AM on 11/01/13
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
User Info.
This is one of those bands that I've always seen brought up on this website but never gave a chance. If I wanted to give them a shot, where should I start? They've been around for a pretty long time so I have a feeling I may have "outgrown" their old stuff.
11:18 AM on 11/01/13
cowlord
stahp
User Info.
Excited to check this out later
11:19 AM on 11/01/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
They do stalk you, they wrote me back once and mentioned where I live. The fact that they knew was strange because it mentions it nowhere near where I wrote them from or is linked to it either. Weird stuff.
11:35 AM on 11/01/13
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
This is one of those bands that I've always seen brought up on this website but never gave a chance. If I wanted to give them a shot, where should I start? They've been around for a pretty long time so I have a feeling I may have "outgrown" their old stuff.
Devotion's main disc.
11:48 AM on 11/01/13
cowlord
stahp
User Info.

I would say Cities. That's my favorite of theirs and its kind of a good hybrid between their newer/older material.
12:01 PM on 11/01/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.

Cities.
12:18 PM on 11/01/13
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Live in the now!

Devotion.

12:27 PM on 11/01/13
drewbaldy
drewbaldy
User Info.
Thanks. I guess I will give devotion and cities a shot.
12:47 PM on 11/01/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Thanks. I guess I will give devotion and cities a shot.
do cities, vital, and never take friendship personal first. i'd say vital over devotion only because it's more concise and makes more sense as an individual package for a first listen. my next suggestion would be to move on to new surrender, dark is the way, light is a place, and blueprints for the black market, and lost songs, in that order). cities should be a full album experience, whereas the others are more susceptible to splitting into individual songs. almost everything's great, so you can't really go wrong haha.
12:49 PM on 11/01/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
also, i could listen to these guys talk all day, particularly stephen. he's one of the most inspiring dudes, all while being super humble and earnest.
01:08 PM on 11/01/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
"Adelaide" is the best song of their career. Smh.
01:10 PM on 11/01/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
They kinda imply I'm right.
01:13 PM on 11/01/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
They kinda imply I'm right.
Wimsatt and Beardsley, mothafucka!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music