Username
Password
Twitter News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Twitter
Inside AP.net

Remembering Tony Tribute Website

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/04/13)
If you head to TonySly.org you'll find videos and write-ups from a variety of the artists that contributed to the recently released Remembering Tony tribute album. You can also follow the website on Twitter to get updates when new stories are posted. A sample entry from Brian Fallon is included below.
When I was asked to do this tribute, I was somewhere in Denmark. I picked Capo right away. I recorded this song very, very simply, just one guitar and my voice and my harmonica. I did it one night in the winter, it was freezing and quiet and late, like it always is when this kind of song is written or recorded.

To me Capo says, "I'm trying... I'm doing my best, but it's hard sometimes. I'm only kinda hanging on here." I was having a rough time when I recorded it. It was hard to do it and I put it off for a while because I didn't want to deal with why I was recording it. It wasn't because it was fun, or I was just recording some cool song I liked. I knew it was a tribute. I knew something wasn't here anymore, and that's why we were doing this. If I didn't record the song, then I could pretend it didn't happen. But that's not real. What's real is why we're all doing it, and we're doing it in Tony's honor, and to comfort. Like the song says. "I will live for the sake of others, so they can do the same." I just kept thinking about Joey, and Tony's kids. I don't even know Tony's kids. But when I sat down to record it, I did it for them. I hope they like it.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
10:02 AM on 11/04/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
This is very cool. I was hoping to donate money to his family.
12:04 PM on 11/04/13
brentstailing
User Info.
The best collection of cover songs I have ever heard. The instrumental of International You Day is the first time I ever cried during a song with no vocals. Just beautiful.
01:53 PM on 11/04/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I'm surprised you didn't post this when the site was first created..or maybe you did? But I've known about this for months.
03:51 PM on 11/04/13
richcasper
User Info.
I'll definitely have to take a listen to this. Fallon is one of my favorite songwriters and Tony was a hometown hero here in San Jose. They held his funeral service downtown and everyone showed up. It was definitely humbling to see the outpour of love from the punk community.
11:25 PM on 11/04/13
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
The best collection of cover songs I have ever heard. The instrumental of International You Day is the first time I ever cried during a song with no vocals. Just beautiful.
Agreed, what a collection
04:17 AM on 11/05/13
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
This is really cool.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives