All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
08:36 PM on 11/04/13
Fox83
User Info.
08:52 PM on 11/04/13
Fox83
User Info.
Very great gif choice can we get someone to post Jerry Seinfeld leaving the theater too I haven't seen that one in forever.
You can get upset if you want, but I didn't post it in disagreement with the review. I just used it to portray how I feel about the impending backlash in here. You can both insult me though. It's all in good fun.
07:22 AM on 11/05/13
Fox83
User Info.
Yeaaaaahhhhh

This isn't a bad album. Relapse was horrible just like Encore. Recovery doesn't have the replay value I THOUGHT it had in 2010, but it's not a bad record either.

This is the first record he's back to full scale rapping and having fun while doing it. It's not a perfect album but it's his best since The Eminem Show. Can't disagree with you more on this review. Well written though!
This is almost exactly how I feel. It is well written, but 3.5 across the board is a bit harsh. Opinions are opinions.

I was actually grasping at adulthood when MMLP came out, so I guess I'm at fault for reveling in some nostalgia. Overall, I enjoyed the record despite its flaws.
04:51 PM on 11/05/13
Fox83
User Info.
Who's responsible for the final tracklist?

How did this not make the final album? Instead, it became a bonus track that Activision slapped onto a Call of Duty preorder. smh

05:53 AM on 11/06/13
Fox83
User Info.
This thread is unbelievable.

Can we actually talk about the album? Do we have to spend pages talking about how Eminem has "regressed the genre?" I feel that some people are being a bit over dramatic in here, but that's my opinion.

First of all, and not to discredit Ryan's wonderfully written review, I feel it's worth mentioning that he was around seven years old when the first MMLP dropped. Does that make his points any less valid? Not necessarily. In fact, I welcome the fresh perspective on the 13 year career Eminem has had. Perhaps those of us that were struggling through high school when the album dropped are a bit clouded in their judgement these days. Perhaps we are the ones with the bias. With that said, you can't fault, and you certainly can't insult anyone that appreciates the career he's had. You can't blame people for actually enjoying an artist that unearths some of the thoughts and feelings they had during a very impressionable stage in most lives. You can't blame them and you certainly can't relate with them to the fullest extent.

So what are we left with? An entire thread digging into social commentary and the impact Eminem has on hip hop. Call me lazy or inconsiderate, but I just don't buy into it AS MUCH as some people. The base of the argument is that his popularity gives him a platform to shift the tides at whim in his genre. Don't put that on him. He's making the music he wants to make - something I'm sure a lot of you can relate to with artists you actually enjoy. Put it on the genre itself. Put it on the record labels. MAKE it better. In the meantime, I don't think Eminem is crushing the soul of hip hop.

I think people just need to kick back and calm down. Maybe I'm too carefree for this discussion and not "deep" enough. Maybe I'm too far beyond my late teens/early twenties. I fully accept that whatever I say on the 17th page of a board will be overlooked or completely dismissed as ignorant in a board with 80% of the participants pushing an agenda against the majority of positive reviews for this album. I just feel like the people that actually didn't hate this album aren't doing a great job at representing their stance. In fact, some of the people that liked this album are doing a terrible job at making their case, insulting others in the process. I just want to put out some reasonable explanation as to why I'm not a homophobe, a misogynist, or a mindless idiot for somewhat enjoying this album. I consider myself intelligent and reasonable in my social views, and I still enjoyed this album.

It's just an Eminem album. It CAN be enjoyable. And this is one of the few places where you shouldn't feel guilty for enjoying it, but unfortunately people seem to be implying you should.

I will now bow my head and take my beatings. I just wanted inject some relatively positive commentary into a thread drowning in cynicism.
06:00 AM on 11/06/13
Fox83
User Info.
Your defense of the album was "its an Eminem album" and you're talking about how people aren't doing a good job of defending it. Alright then
I'm talking about how people are being disrespectful or making unintelligent comments in support of the album. Please don't do this.
11:53 AM on 11/06/13
Fox83
User Info.
Eminem is so far removed from where he was in life during the SSLP and the MMLP in life that he may have had a better comeback making TES2 and digging in to America / politics.
I always thought he'd be great at doing a concept album. Create an entirely fictional character/story from beginning to end on one album.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests