Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts
07:34 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The review was well written, but I have to completely disagree with the assessment. I love this album, including the bonus tracks. I feel like he finally fell back in to a stride where he is comfortable rapping and putting some light hearted songs on the album. Sampling Joe Walsh and The Zombies made for some different sounds for an Eminem album without coming off depressing or somber like some of his last two efforts. I love Em, and while Relapse fell completely short for me, recovery had some quality moments. MMLP2 is an interesting and entertaining album and I feel like it is a quality piece of work.
07:57 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So NONE of those publications' reviews should be taken seriously, but yours should be?
07:58 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Couldn't agree more. Great review, Ryan. His technical ability is pretty much unmatched, but his lyrics are so juvenile that it's hard to listen to. If he released a more mature record with none of the inexcusable 6-letter-f-words, I could get behind that.

I actually thought the "Time of the Season" beat was pretty well executed, but the Yoda verse fucked it up.
I'm confused at how the lyrics can be classified as being juvenile when half the time he's using them ironically in a way to prove his immaturity......It kind of makes it a moot point.
07:59 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No one is saying this.
I understand. It was just funny to see at the end of the post and made it look like that. Just a slight joke on my part. Chillax.
08:01 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, Ryan's review should absolutely be considered. He's a great reviewer. As for the other publications, there's two or three of them that give the album good reviews for such stupid reasons. And some actually were actually written as if they gave the album a passing listen.
Like I said, it was a slight joke anyway. But I don't take any single person's reviews seriously for multiple reasons. However, I will actually read some as opposed to RS, Pitchfork etc.
08:04 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Deeper lyrical themes aside, it's still hard to listen to 41 year old Eminem rap things like "doink doink doink" and take it seriously.
Why? Who cares? I'd rather listen to a 41 year old eminem rap "Doink doink doink" while being purposely immature than 2 Chainz be relatively serious at 36 years old while rapping "Me and my ***** pass your ho like a hot potato/I be like, 'You could get her,' he be like, 'You could get her'/I be like, 'You could have her,' he be like, 'You could have her'/He be like, 'It don't matter,' I be like, 'Me neither'”
08:09 AM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well... I care. It's annoying to me. I never said I was gonna turn around and listen to 2 Chainz either.

You know, it's okay for people not to like the things you like.
Awesome, disregard my point. I had no idea.
05:03 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man, this is once again going crazy off track.......
05:15 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're a known supporter of Eminem, care to address my lengthy post?
I don't care so much to comment on each section of that post. I read it and I get it. I gave my opinions very early in the thread: The review was fairly well written, but I love the album. I said it over a week ago when I got my copy of the album and I still say it today after 10+ listens, including the bonus tracks. Sure, there are some duds like with any Eminem (or other artist's) album. Some dud lines and even one or two dud songs. I have my opinions on how he crafts his songs, his relevance in the scene, etc. But I think the album is great and that he is finally getting back on track from where he left off a few years ago. I mean, I still like some songs on relapse and I like most of recovery but they're obviously weak albums. He closes some chapters with this album and bridges the connections from MMLP: If nothing else, he pulls together the things that brought him from that person to who he is now. I think that's important for any artist. He did what he set out to do and I happen to love to listen to it. I have a known dislike for Danny Brown and I'm not a huge fan of Drake but I respect him and like a few tracks here and there. Drake is doing what he wants and he's getting some recognition, however, he probably deserves more. Danny Brown, in my experience, is more well known for getting his dick sucked on stage than anything on any of his mixtapes/records, which is sad. I just happen to not care for his style or his lyrics much. I feel like some people on this site are just too quick to jump on certain artists, and Eminem happens to be one.
05:30 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hes more well known for that by tabloid gossipers, not hip hop fans
That's bullshit, half of the tabloid gossipers claim to be real hip hop fans: What is a real hip-hop fan? Half of us on this site are going back and forth with each other assuming we know how well versed and knowledgable we are in one genre or another. Bottom line: If you know who Danny Brown is, you know he's a scummy dude and he got his dick sucked on stage. Period. I don't care if you're a tabloid columnist (And honestly, have you ever seen Danny Brown in a tabloid???) or a "real hip hop fan", these are facts. Whether you like an artist or not, they normally garner a reputation outside of their music whether it's a dignified one or not.
05:37 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And that reflects his music how? Im ignoring your complete lack of knowlege of the event as well because it's irrelevant
My lack of knowledge of the event? Seriously? I'm not doing this shit with you again, it's absolutely pointless. But for the record guys: This isn't a Danny Brown thread. Like I said earlier, I just don't care much for him but I don't hate on him. I have no need to. He's doing what he sets out to do and that's killer. Eminem is too, so why is he more ripe for shitting on?
09:32 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Since when is there so much hate for TBP III? And I have to respectfully offer a difference of opinion about No Games. I actually love a lot of Rick Ross' jams, but not a fan of that one.
09:41 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TBP3 has received a considerable amount of backlash literally since the day it came out
I just don't remember there being so much I guess. Definitely some weak tracks, but I loved it. I liked about 40-50% of Kingdom Come but Magna Carta falls flat overall in my opinion.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos