Username
Password

Comments: Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 503
05:32 PM on 11/05/13
Star Slight
Mods: Delete
User Info.
That's bullshit, half of the tabloid gossipers claim to be real hip hop fans: What is a real hip-hop fan? Half of us on this site are going back and forth with each other assuming we know how well versed and knowledgable we are in one genre or another. Bottom line: If you know who Danny Brown is, you know he's a scummy dude and he got his dick sucked on stage. Period. I don't care if you're a tabloid columnist (And honestly, have you ever seen Danny Brown in a tabloid???) or a "real hip hop fan", these are facts. Whether you like an artist or not, they normally garner a reputation outside of their music whether it's a dignified one or not.

And that reflects his music how? Im ignoring your complete lack of knowlege of the event as well because it's irrelevant
05:33 PM on 11/05/13
nujerz1984
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
neither of us know how much he did/didn't write, therefore the argument is moot

Not really take that out of the equation...there at least 50 MC's lyrically that are better than Kanye West Lyrically.
05:34 PM on 11/05/13
nujerz1984
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Real Hip Hop Fans view Danny Brown as that guy who looks like a crack head with a high pitched voice who rolled with the Nerd Rap Dudes El-P and Das Racist
05:37 PM on 11/05/13
Star Slight
User Info.
Not really take that out of the equation...there at least 50 MC's lyrically that are better than Kanye West Lyrically.

Opinion right there
05:37 PM on 11/05/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And that reflects his music how? Im ignoring your complete lack of knowlege of the event as well because it's irrelevant
My lack of knowledge of the event? Seriously? I'm not doing this shit with you again, it's absolutely pointless. But for the record guys: This isn't a Danny Brown thread. Like I said earlier, I just don't care much for him but I don't hate on him. I have no need to. He's doing what he sets out to do and that's killer. Eminem is too, so why is he more ripe for shitting on?
05:40 PM on 11/05/13
nujerz1984
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My lack of knowledge of the event? Seriously? I'm not doing this shit with you again, it's absolutely pointless. But for the record guys: This isn't a Danny Brown thread. Like I said earlier, I just don't care much for him but I don't hate on him. I have no need to. He's doing what he sets out to do and that's killer. Eminem is too, so why is he more ripe for shitting on?

Hes popular...and he's a white guy doing black music.
05:46 PM on 11/05/13
Star Slight
User Info.

The reasons I posted about before. The other poster I'm engaging in conversation with is a prime example
05:51 PM on 11/05/13
jdog22
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I respect your opinions but i humbly disagree
05:51 PM on 11/05/13
Fox83
User Info.
Who's responsible for the final tracklist?

How did this not make the final album? Instead, it became a bonus track that Activision slapped onto a Call of Duty preorder. smh

05:56 PM on 11/05/13
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Someone said "real hip hop"

I'm out
05:58 PM on 11/05/13
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
Real Hip Hop Fans view Danny Brown as that guy who looks like a crack head with a high pitched voice who rolled with the Nerd Rap Dudes El-P and Das Racist
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
06:04 PM on 11/05/13
RuckerPark
OutwardsInWords.com
User Info.
I like the album. Sue me.
06:05 PM on 11/05/13
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Real hip-hop dudes know that "real hip-hop" is not a thing
06:06 PM on 11/05/13
nujerz1984
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

The streets is such an abstract concept. There's no set definition on what "the streets" mean. It's a meaningless saying. Why is it important to not voice emotions in hip hop music? Why can't someone just pick up a mic and spit what they feel? How is that not hip hop? What gives a dude like Nas the credentials to be able to spit but a dude like Drake can't? Because Nas grew up poor and Drake didn't? Is it a poverty thing? Only poor dudes can rap? Only street thugs who slang rock can rap? That's ridiculous and once again an arbitrary line being drawn for no reason other than to exclude.

On a base level, why is it not okay for Drake to pick up a mic, rap a song about how he feels about his girl and release it? Why does that not sit well with you? Even if plenty of people out there can somehow relate to what he's saying, why is it still not okay?

Im not sure if your serious or just acting dumb to further argue... The Streets= Poor Inner City made of mostly black and latino people (yes whites, aisans are also apart of it)... I'm sorry I'm not going to just sit by and let the origins of this art form get dismissed/chastised and criticized because the powers at be have now determine folks with money who live in a suburban ass neighborhood will now dictate what hiphop music is. This is systemic, racist and a slap in the face to the culture.

So called gangsta rap on radio is dead... and never mind politically or socially conscious hiphop ever making it too mainstream radio ...and Macklemore Same Love does not fucking count in my mind. The labels and media now know they dont need the black or urban co-sign/stamp of approval of rap in order to be hot or creditable. That white kid who skateboards and was introduced to hiphop by Eminem is now what determines what is played (along with females who for the most have shit taste in music and are largely influenced by looks of a said rapper than what he saying)

Most of the men I know do no relate on any level to Drake... the ones who do are mainly females. You take one Drake song regarding his issues with females and combine theme together they all sound the same... its neither innovative nor creative and the fact on some of these songs incorporates auto tune assisted singing cause he cannot sing for shit live, also devalues his music. Ja Rule did it 2001-2002.. LL Cool J was one of the first to incorporate songs aimed for the Ladies...both did it better and more skill without alienating the male audience. Many rapper have voiced emotions... Eminem, DMX, Tupac, Jay, Nas, Kanye and many more they all did it better than Drake.

Never-mind the fact he likes to throw up gang signs or raps like he really about the street life when we all know he isn't from that lifestyle...And yes before you mention it Most rappers aren't gangsters etc but majority at least grew up poor and in the hood... Drake cannot even say that which just makes his whole Started From The Bottom concept that more laughable.

Its funny you posted that track..its a Gangsta Rap record talking about the struggles in the streets...You wont hear that record on any hip hop radio station... but you will hear "Hold On We Going Home" at least 20 times a day. That part of the problem.
06:07 PM on 11/05/13
Ryan Dennehy
Danny Brown was pretty much sexually assaulted on stage. That doesn't make him a scummy dude.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos