Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: Islander Merch Pack

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (11/07/13)
Islander released their new EP, Pains, last month via Victory Records. The South Carolina alt-rockers brings to mind the likes of Deftones and Rage Against the Machine, and H.R. from Bad Brains makes a guest appearance on the EP. We're giveaway a merch pack from the band that includes two T-shirts, a sweatshirt, a tank top and a pre-order of Pains on vinyl (out December 3). To enter, comment below with your favorite track from Pains and why. Three winners will be chosen.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22.
04:17 PM on 11/07/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

ISLANDER & CLOSE YOUR EYES Tour Dates
Nov 6 – Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
Nov 7 – Joplin, MO @ Solace
Nov 8 – Rockford, IL @ The Millennium Center
Nov 9 – Newport, KY @ The Thompson House
Nov 11 – Joliet, IL @ Mojoe’s
Nov 12 – Evansville, IN @ The Hatch
Nov 13 – Columbus, OH @ Kobo’s Live
Nov 14 – Chattanooga, TN @ The Warehouse
Nov 15 – Douglasville, GA @ The 7 Venue
Nov 16 – Memphis, TN @ The Abbey
Nov 17 – Florence, AL @ The End
Nov 18 – Metairie, LA @ Cypress Hall
Nov 19 – Dallas, TX @ Sons of Hermann Hall
Nov 20 – Houston, TX @ Walter’s Downtown
Nov 21 – Austin, TX @ Dirty Dog Bar
Nov 22 – Abilene, TX @ Billiards Backroom
04:31 PM on 11/07/13
stockholmsyn182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lucky Rabbit is my favorite track because I think it has the most meaningful lyrics on the EP. It sounds like the singer is not only singing about something that happened to him personally but also the world itself. I don't know if he has kids or anything but the idea of "all the children are slipping through the cracks of the system" may reflect the messed up social/political system that some feel exists in the United States. The idea of a Rabbits foot may give some people release from the anxiety of this world, but obviously not Islander. "The Dead Can't Speak"
04:36 PM on 11/07/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I don't have a deep reason for mine but I like "New Colors" a lot..the track just shreds and has a great old-school punkish sound (to me) in terms of recording style. Good tune!
05:14 PM on 11/07/13
whitelipstickkk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New Colors is pretty sweet! To me by far the track that stands out the most to me. Awesome bunch of dudes :)
06:01 PM on 11/07/13
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Definitely Lucky Rabbit... That song is a straight glassjaw-like rager, yet you can still hear a hint of that Deftones/P.O.D./etc. 90's nu metal vibe that's more prevelant on New Colors and some of their other stuff. And as a huge fan of all of those bands since high school ten years ago, I'd say it's a no-brainer.
06:45 PM on 11/07/13
Mister Chainsaw
Your friendly neighborhood psycho.
User Info.
Oh, yay, Glassjaw-lite.

07:42 PM on 11/07/13
hank123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lucky Rabbit for more psychotic mood
08:34 PM on 11/07/13
Daeminium
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lucky rabbit is so fucking sick, I love that song!
08:45 PM on 11/07/13
AbsoluteHipHop
User Info.
The track "New Colors" is my favorite so far because it pretty much captures Islander's energy perfectly. Great chorus as well.
04:09 AM on 11/08/13
crowbarmark
so much better than you
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Out of the two tracks that have videos.. I like New Colors the best as it has a tinge of Atreyu (who I miss) and also sounds like Bring Me the Horizon.
05:17 AM on 11/08/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
chino called....he wants his vocals back
06:00 AM on 11/08/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I love Lucky Rabbit. The opening bass line followed by the punishing drums, then it just punches the listener in their ear pussy with the catchy yet heavy guitar riff. The melody of the vocals mixed with the screams...it doesn't give up for 4 and a half minutes. Plus you've got Human Rights on the track who is just a legend. Great stuff.

Can't wait to see them play on the 19th at Sons of Hermann. Gonna be killer.
07:32 AM on 11/09/13
Paris1nFlames
User Info.
Have winners been contacted yet?.... I have my hopes up, that merch is sick, simple yet cool

edit: My bad, when I wrote this I didn't see it in the newsfeed and thought it may have ended, I see now that that's definitely not the case
08:50 AM on 11/10/13
izzybells232
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite track off of PAINS is New Colors. Mikey just sings it with so much emotion, you can tell it has a lot of meaning to him. I can also really relate to this song, especially the part where he's singing that without her he would pretty much be nothing , just a diamond in the ground. The way he feels right there hits deep, because that's how I feel about my boyfriend, he makes me who I am you know? And without him id just be, i don't know, incomplete.. Needless to say its just a really amazing song, and I can't wait to hear the rest of their EP!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS