Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

House of Blues San Diego Street Team

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (06/19/08)
The House of Blues in San Diego has started a new street team. To be included in helping out and some sweet benefits, check out all the information in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15.
10:10 AM on 06/19/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
House of Blues San Diego is looking for some motivated music lovers to be a part of our new street team.

Requirements:
* Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license
* Must be free 3-4 nights per week to travel to events and distribute flyers and other promo materials
* Must be outgoing and a people person
* Must understand and appreciate that you are a representative of the venue and have a willingness to treat everyone you meet with respect.

* Must have a digital camera to take pictures of your work
* Must have a good knowledge of retail shops and venues / clubs in the San Diego area.

* Must be able to pick up promotional items from the House of Blues Box Office on a regular basis.

Tasks:
* Distribute flyers and other promotional items at various clubs / venues / bars as patrons enter or exit the facility upon request. Expect to be scheduled 3 - 4 times per week.

* Monitor retail shops (record stores, music shops, tattoo shops, coffee shops, tattoo shops, etc...) and report back to House of Blues staff when retailers are low on flyers or posters.

* Document all of your work with photographs and email your photos the day after your work.

Perks:
* Members will receive two complimentary tickets for up to four shows per month at the House of Blues. Requests are approved on a case by case basis.

* Members will get coupons for discounted food in the House of Blues Restaurant and discounted merchandise in the House of Blues Company Store
* Members will be a part of the tradition and history that lies with the House of Blues name and will be treated as a part of our company.

* Members will be able to request free posters which will also be approved on a case by case basis.

If you're interested or know someone who is, please send an email to JoshLacey@livenation.com with the following info:

Name
Phone Number
Email
Top 5 Favorite Artists:
Availability:
10:31 AM on 06/19/08
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
That sort of seems like a lot of work for not that much of a benefit. 3-4 shows a week can be 15-20 hours per week, and the free tickets would maybe equal $160 per MONTH.
10:38 AM on 06/19/08
iamjoshlacey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's not necessary to stay for the whole show. those involved will be at the event for 30 min - 1 hour.
10:56 AM on 06/19/08
romeoheart
stoops
User Info.
fuck this place dude they have a very stict no camara pollcy and i flew there just to go to the reel big fish/ less than jake show, cuz they werent coming in my area at all and all i wanned was memorys from the show
11:12 AM on 06/19/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
fuck this place dude they have a very stict no camara pollcy and i flew there just to go to the reel big fish/ less than jake show, cuz they werent coming in my area at all and all i wanned was memorys from the show

hey you think that's how all house of blues are? cause im flying out to vegas in a few weeks and going to show up there. if i can't take a camera im gonna be pissed.
11:28 AM on 06/19/08
HumtheTales
User Info.
I'm looking for some resume builders with the music industry, a foot in the door is still a foot in the door.
11:34 AM on 06/19/08
romeoheart
stoops
User Info.
hey you think that's how all house of blues are? cause im flying out to vegas in a few weeks and going to show up there. if i can't take a camera im gonna be pissed.

and it was an 8 doller camara check no joke, it was still a sun show, but it just sucked
11:47 AM on 06/19/08
sodamnclever
it's a sign, bro.
User Info.
i am pretty sure that all HOB's have a no camera policy.
i know chicago doesn't allow them....and they have been kind of strict about it sometimes too.

there are a lot of good benefits to this street team. i wonder if they are going to expand it to more cities.
12:02 PM on 06/19/08
alli california
User Info.
no cameras is the lamest thing ever...
i wanted to go to a show in a HOB once but then i was like
not worth the 7 hour drive for no picture memories.
12:08 PM on 06/19/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
and it was an 8 doller camara check no joke, it was still a sun show, but it just sucked

i am pretty sure that all HOB's have a no camera policy.
i know chicago doesn't allow them....and they have been kind of strict about it sometimes too.

thanks to u both. i wont be bringing one along then
12:41 PM on 06/19/08
smogs
Suit Up
User Info.
All the people complaining about the no camera policies...
I think they're a great idea. I personally find it annoying to have people snapping pictures the entire show.
Watching the show should create memories that you'll be able to remember. We're young, our brains can remember this stuff.

Anywho...this is a pretty sweet deal. I'd consider it if I was in San Diego for the summer, but I won't be back till September.
12:45 PM on 06/19/08
st shellay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I'm pretty sure all HOB's are like that. Well at least the 3 So Cal and Vegas ones are like that.
01:03 PM on 06/19/08
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
I'm pretty sure all HOB's are like that. Well at least the 3 So Cal and Vegas ones are like that.

thanks. what a bummer though. I'm seeing Less Than Jake and others one day, and Alkaline Trio the next. No pictures kinda sucks.
01:25 PM on 06/19/08
lushintransit
Dragons!
User Info.
All the people complaining about the no camera policies...
I think they're a great idea. I personally find it annoying to have people snapping pictures the entire show.
Watching the show should create memories that you'll be able to remember. We're young, our brains can remember this stuff.

Anywho...this is a pretty sweet deal. I'd consider it if I was in San Diego for the summer, but I won't be back till September.

There's a big difference though between a no-flash policy and a no-camera policy. Especially since people just start popping them on their cell phones now-a-days with bright as fuck flashes.

I like one of the venues here: unless the band requests otherwise, they allow cameras but their security pays attention to everyone snapping photos. When someone is just insane about it, they ask them to put it away and after a third warning will make you leave the venue if you don't listen to them. But for people who really just want to capture memories real quick, a few snapshots are allowed.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS