AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Versa Emerge News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

VersaEmerge's Perceptions Vinyl Pressing; More Info on Name Change

Posted by - 02:59 PM on 11/08/13
VersaEmerge will release their first EP, Perceptions, on vinyl - more info to come Sunday night. The band also released another statement about their name change to VERSA, stating they'll release their debut single "shortly."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
03:14 PM on 11/08/13
krohny101
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Curious which direction they'll take sonically with their new single. Still think this group can stay relevant despite the name change.
03:26 PM on 11/08/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
Glad they were serious about pressing Perceptions on vinyl. Not long to go before new music comes, hoping it will bring a bigger fanbase and have them being taken seriously again.
04:03 PM on 11/08/13
AeroIce
Post-Hardcore Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can someone explain what it means when bands make statements like "We've written over 70 different songs." How loosely are they using the term "written"? Does that mean they conceptualized 70 songs? Does that mean they have melody/general structure for 70 songs? Does it mean they have a full band demo of 70 songs? Because if I see the sentence "I have written a song" I take it to mean that all the parts of every layer have been constructed and written down in some form or another (either recorded by instruments or just sheet music), and effectively agreed-upon and finalized.

Then my question is... how they hell do you write 70 unique song ideas in 2 years?
04:19 PM on 11/08/13
js977
js977
User Info.
Can someone explain what it means when bands make statements like "We've written over 70 different songs." How loosely are they using the term "written"? Does that mean they conceptualized 70 songs? Does that mean they have melody/general structure for 70 songs? Does it mean they have a full band demo of 70 songs? Because if I see the sentence "I have written a song" I take it to mean that all the parts of every layer have been constructed and written down in some form or another (either recorded by instruments or just sheet music), and effectively agreed-upon and finalized.

Then my question is... how they hell do you write 70 unique song ideas in 2 years?
i'd always taken it to mean they've conceptualized and more or less have the song figured out and it's ready to go and put the finishing touches on if they decide to use it. i once read somewhere on the internet that the general rule is one out of every three or four songs you "write" is worth really pursuing, hence writing so many.
hopefully someone can shed more light on it...personally i'd love to hear artists' dozens of unfinished ideas
04:40 PM on 11/08/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
The comment section makes my head hurt. Specially the FOB remarks.

It continues to puzzle me as to why they are going forward with this name change as if the new image is so important yet they continue to release old material. First the emerge music video and now an EP they had all but moved away from even before this mess of a name change?
05:37 PM on 11/08/13
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If we want to get technical, Cities Built on Sand was their first EP.
06:11 PM on 11/08/13
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
I wish they didn't change their name because keeping track of it all in iTunes will be a pain.
07:41 PM on 11/08/13
AeroIce
Post-Hardcore Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'd always taken it to mean they've conceptualized and more or less have the song figured out and it's ready to go and put the finishing touches on if they decide to use it. i once read somewhere on the internet that the general rule is one out of every three or four songs you "write" is worth really pursuing, hence writing so many.
hopefully someone can shed more light on it...personally i'd love to hear artists' dozens of unfinished ideas
I also would love to hear artists' dozens of unfinished ideas, if they exist. I guess b-sides are the closest we get to that.
07:49 PM on 11/08/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I wish they didn't change their name because keeping track of it all in iTunes will be a pain.
How? Chances are they'll be grouped right next to each other under artists.

I hope that by going in a new direction they mean they decided not to go electronica-alt-radio-pop-punk like it seemed they were based on what we heard off of Another Atmosphere. I don't have terribly high hopes, but to hear them do something organic and really lyrically driven again would be spectacular.
11:37 PM on 11/08/13
AndrewSoup
It's A Secret To Everyone
User Info.
I'd love to get Perceptions on vinyl, definitely my favorite VE release.
I gotta say, I'm interested to see where VERSA goes from here. I really don't follow this band anymore and I'm probably going to drop them from my radar completely if their new songs are in the same vein of those 3 from that Another Atmosphere EP they released.
12:26 AM on 11/09/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i'd personally like to have fixed at zero on vinyl instead of perceptions. whatevs. also it's really stupid that they're starting new social media pages instead of just changing the names on the ones they already have.
04:24 AM on 11/09/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
i'd personally like to have fixed at zero on vinyl instead of perceptions. whatevs. also it's really stupid that they're starting new social media pages instead of just changing the names on the ones they already have.

This!

Fixed At Zero is criminally underrated and a thousand times better than anything else they have released.
12:14 PM on 11/09/13
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
this literally needs to come out now
03:22 PM on 11/09/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
there's a limit on facebook - after a certain amount of likes, you're unable to. you can for tumblr and twitter. you can't on youtube. not sure about soundcloud.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos