Album Review
Reeve Oliver - Touchtone Inferno!!! Album Cover

Reeve Oliver - Touchtone Inferno!!!

Reviewed by
Reeve Oliver - Touchtone Inferno!!!
Record Label: Summertone/Apple Danish Record
Release Date: December 3, 2007
Who Is It?

Reeve Oliver, a San Diego pop-rock outfit offering up a new album and a time machine. Touchtone Inferno!!! is cozy with memories of my teen years, fondly paralleled by "Flavor of the Week" by American Hi-Fi. It's a solace from these self-righteous, mind-fucking indie bands I've been spinning as of late; singer and lyricist Sean O'Donnell is enormously down-to-earth. The album had nearly zero retail promotion, and was originally release via iTunes. Pair that with it's early 2000's pop enthusiasm, and it's more than ready to go under-appreciated.

How Is It?

Whatevs. Touchtone Inferno!!! is solid on both production and structure. "Yer Motion" has been re-recorded, but the album is fresh in energy. The actual content - the melodies, hooks and so on - are fun, but nothing you can't get from any of the RIYL's listed below. It's all about in the moment for Touchtone Inferno!!!, because seconds after a run-through, Reeve Oliver will slip in the dark abyss.

Check it OutMyspace | Official Website
RIYLJimmy Eat World, Yellowcard, Foo Fighters, American Hi-Fi, Plain White T's, Sugarcult
This review is a user submitted review from Julia Conny. You can see all of Julia Conny's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
12:17 PM on 06/19/08
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
i loved this album back when it came out on itunes....Is this band still together or not? Anyways they are a solid band, and this review pretty much is spot on.
01:51 PM on 06/19/08
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
The last time I saw Reeve Oliver they opened for finch. Is that how long it's been?
03:08 PM on 06/19/08
Rob Hrx
hates a girl with pity in her eyes
User Info.
I started listening to their last album again recently and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Good, solid pop-punk and the singer's voice is not nasal or whiny at all, which is a great change. I'd check this out, but iTunes doesn't operate here, none of the stores will have it and I couldn't even find a torrent. Glad to hear they haven't folded yet.
04:06 PM on 06/19/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I love this album. About time we reviewed it (even though it's not flattering hahaha)
03:03 AM on 06/20/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
This album is pretty awful compared to their self-titled.
09:03 AM on 06/20/08
foofighter51
knbe.bandcamp.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really dig this album, and the production is phenomenal for an indie. I got it from eMusic, Rob Hrx...
09:25 AM on 06/20/08
3eb23
The World Is Yours
User Info.
i always dug yer motion...never really listened to anything other than that though
01:18 PM on 06/20/08
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
i love this cd.. i think the score's a little low!
05:03 PM on 06/20/08
annieee
if i'm the fire you're the spark
User Info.
Reeve Oliver is soo good. I love this cd!
12:45 PM on 06/22/08
Rob Hrx
hates a girl with pity in her eyes
User Info.
I really dig this album, and the production is phenomenal for an indie. I got it from eMusic, Rob Hrx...

Thanks man!
01:08 AM on 06/24/08
CircaSin
The All-New 2014 Corolla
User Info.
horrible score.
pretty decent band and album. I have one of their older jaunts
11:13 AM on 07/01/08
Billy Da Mute
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
User Info.
i saw these doods open for alk3 way back in the day, they put on a pretty decent show. Ill have to give this a spin, their older stuff wasnt too bad
10:30 PM on 07/27/08
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
just got this album, been meaning to get it for a while. i love the hell out of it. madachu is great track, but they're all good. the singer has got great sense of melody. the score should have been higher, i've been going to their myspace for almost 3 years now just to listen to their music, i would say that's lasting value.
07:21 AM on 04/21/10
nagenx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that dude is really aaaawsome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT