Username
Password
Chiodos News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 49.
11:43 AM on 11/11/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
It was pretty evident on their first album, but people fell in love with the music. I liked Illuminadio a lot, but I couldn't listen to much of their Craig-albums.
Yeah... I honestly didn't like them at first but all my friends did and then my friend lent me the deluxe album and I kind of got used to it. I'm sure if he wasn't so overrated it would be different though but I can't stand people who idolize what he does with his voice. It's really no different than a guitarist idolizing someone from a band who literally just plays chugs and breakdowns. There's always a line drawn between a musician and a regular fan at times and being the former you just typically know better.
11:59 AM on 11/11/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Quality is to poor to judge vocals and music imo. Glad it sounds heavy. Hopefully the lyrics are similar to Bone Palace Ballet and not D.R.U.G.S.

Can people on this site stop talking about Illuminadio on every Chiodos post? No one likes that album outside of AP. At least no one I have ever met.
I agree. It has a few good tracks but it is easily my least favorite Chidos album... Drop it already guys, Brandon isn't that great.
12:45 PM on 11/11/13
OpenIntro
User Info.
Did you ever see Brandon play with them live? He was boring as fuck and butchered old Chioods songs.

01:27 PM on 11/11/13
ths<3bts4onlyu
I need a different rhythm.
User Info.
its a goddamn shame the dude who sang on Illuminaudio didn't work out.
As much as I like Craig and keeping original lineups of bands (makes for less confusion and bandcest), I wholeheartedly agree with this.
01:40 PM on 11/11/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Did you ever see Brandon play with them live? He was boring as fuck and butchered old Chioods songs.

What is the point of this post?
02:12 PM on 11/11/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

...are you being serious? Because he sounds pretty good there, and I've seen Craig Owens butcher Craig Owens songs on multiple occasions.
02:20 PM on 11/11/13
OpenIntro
User Info.
...are you being serious? Because he sounds pretty good there, and I've seen Craig Owens butcher Craig Owens songs on multiple occasions.
Completely serious. Did you ever see him live with Chiodos? It was mind numbingly boring compared to Craig's performances. Agreed that Craig's vocals aren't always spot on.

So yes Jack, I'm being serious. There is a reason his stint with the band was short lived.
02:25 PM on 11/11/13
A Head
User Info.
Quality is to poor to judge vocals and music imo. Glad it sounds heavy. Hopefully the lyrics are similar to Bone Palace Ballet and not D.R.U.G.S.

Can people on this site stop talking about Illuminadio on every Chiodos post? No one likes that album outside of AP. At least no one I have ever met.
Agreed, brotato
02:41 PM on 11/11/13
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.

Illuminaudio fans have to remind everyone in every Chiodos topic that they never liked Craig and they suck now. That's just how it works.
03:02 PM on 11/11/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Illuminaudio fans have to remind everyone in every Chiodos topic that they never liked Craig and they suck now. That's just how it works.
Just like when Illuminaudio was coming out all the Craig fans would just shit on them.
03:08 PM on 11/11/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Completely serious. Did you ever see him live with Chiodos? It was mind numbingly boring compared to Craig's performances. Agreed that Craig's vocals aren't always spot on.

So yes Jack, I'm being serious. There is a reason his stint with the band was short lived.
I saw him live 4 times with Chiodos, and he killed it every time. I was highly impressed with him, on both his own songs and Craig songs.

And the reason he was out of Chiodos so fast was lack of success, combined with internal fighting. Chiodos fans made it clear they're more interested in personality than talent. I'll give you that his stage presence wasn't great, but I'll take an amazing vocalist with no presence over a horrible vocalist with great stage presence.
03:25 PM on 11/11/13
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
sometimes i wonder if kids mosh cause they dont know how to dance
For me that's true.
03:25 PM on 11/11/13
woominlee2
User Info.
its a goddamn shame the dude who sang on Illuminaudio didn't work out.
Agree!!
03:27 PM on 11/11/13
woominlee2
User Info.
Why do people do walls of death?
03:29 PM on 11/11/13
OpenIntro
User Info.
I saw him live 4 times with Chiodos, and he killed it every time. I was highly impressed with him, on both his own songs and Craig songs.

And the reason he was out of Chiodos so fast was lack of success, combined with internal fighting. Chiodos fans made it clear they're more interested in personality than talent. I'll give you that his stage presence wasn't great, but I'll take an amazing vocalist with no presence over a horrible vocalist with great stage presence.
Maybe I expected too much. I was not impressed at all. To the point of not sticking around for their entire set one of the two times I saw him with them.

Agree to disagree on stage presence vs amazing vocalist. We don't come across a lot of "amazing" vocalists in this genre. Bolmer wasn't the exception. And he wasn't heads above Craig even if I agree he is better. I had seen Chiodos so many times with Craig at the helm that the performance was really boring in comparison. Not what I expected at a Chiodos show.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums