Username
Password
Third Eye Blind News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Third Eye Blind
Inside AP.net

Third Eye Blind Post Individual Vinyl for Sale

Posted by: Jack Appleby (11/11/13)
After launching their vinyl box set yesterday, Third Eye Blind has now posted self-titled, Blue, and Out Of The Vein for sale individually - this marks the first time Out Of The Vein has been pressed to vinyl. The Red Star EP and the original cream cover of self-titled are exclusive to the box set. All three are double LPs on 180 gram, at $35 a piece.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
10:02 PM on 11/11/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Fuck vinyl prices like this.

Edit: I guess this isn't too terrible since it's a double 180 gram, but I'm sure shopping makes if an extra 5-10 dollars. Wish they'd offer a non-180 for like 20 dollars. Wishful thinking.
10:11 PM on 11/11/13
Amongster
Up Into The Upswing
User Info.
Just purchased their s/t without a second thought, but $34.98 before shipping? Even for a 180g 2xLP, the price is rather steep. At least I'll be owning a modern classic and one of my favourite albums on vinyl.
10:16 PM on 11/11/13
bank
_____
User Info.
$35 doesn't seem too bad until you consider buying more than one album. I'd rather just pay for the box set if it's all gonna be overpriced anyway. I love 3EB to death, but it's hard to justify some of their business practices.

Proud to say I had the cream cover S/T on CD.
10:19 PM on 11/11/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Sounds like they're trying to scrape together some money, almost like they just got sued or something...
10:23 PM on 11/11/13
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
The prices are way too steep - $62 / £40 to get a single album shipped to England...

Blue is one of my favourite albums and I'm a vinyl collector but this feels too much like getting ripped off. Massive shame - can't justify it!

All about the fans!
10:31 PM on 11/11/13
hf57
for me this is heaven
User Info.
Didn't buy the box set because it came to 260 shipped to Canada, but all 4 LP's came to only 160 shipped. Wouldn't mind having the Red Star EP but still happy I was able to get one of my favourite albums in Out of the Vein.
10:59 PM on 11/11/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
ugh.
03:48 AM on 11/12/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Yikes.
05:34 AM on 11/12/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
those prices tho... damn
05:40 AM on 11/12/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
One of the reasons I've yet to really get into vinyl...
05:45 AM on 11/12/13
anamericangod
User Info.
One of the reasons I've yet to really get into vinyl...
These prices are exceptionally high for vinyl, and most records are extremely comparable to digital downloads. Not to mention you get a physical, collectible product. I'm sure you've heard all that before, but this example is much more of an exception than the rule.
06:27 AM on 11/12/13
beauvais910
User Info.
I'd like to get the self titled.
06:32 AM on 11/12/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
firstly, these prices are too high, IMO.

but also... i don't think this vinyl box and the subsequent individual vinyl pressings have much to do with getting sued for $400,000. believe me, no one here thinks it's shittier than i do the way some members of this band have been treated. but 400g just isn't that much for these guys. put aside the fact that they've sold like 15 millions albums and had 8 or 10 top-10 singles, because that money is gone i am sure. but 3eb as a corporation has a very steady income from radio royalties (they still have at least 5 or 6 songs in rotation on every modern rock/80's-90's station in america which is at least one per market) and their touring more than pays the bills for band and crew. it's not like the 3eb bank account was sitting on zero when that judgement came in. and even if it was, most judgement allow 20 years for remittance.

so yes, vinyl prices are too high. however, i am sure they are selling like hotcakes so let's just mark it down in the "reasons to resent 3eb" column that still won't overwhelm the "great 3eb songs i wouldn't trade for anything" column.
06:40 AM on 11/12/13
mattyseitz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Guys, these prices are really not that bad. Think about it in terms of other albums.

Blink TOYPAJ was over $60. Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American is over $40. I believe Weezer's Pinkerton was pushing $40. I just paid $33 for DCFC Transatlanticism.

If you want the albums. Just pay for them. We all know Deja Entendu is going to cost a ton when that (if it ever) comes out.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums