Username
Password

07:17 AM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
Chris March
gone.
Douglassville /...
Male - 30 Years Old
Hey kids. So I've been trying to post this for like 3 days now, and looks like I finally got it up in spite of the server issues we've been having. Anyway, next Sunday I'll be 20. So if you want to send me stuff, I totally will think you are cool. Enough about me and my ego, here are some bands I'd HIGHLY recommend. I think this week is a very awesome list I've compiled. Also, keep reading to check out my list of albums that just sound awesome when the weather begins to warm up on weeks like this. (atleast here in PA anyway)

Underoath - The new demo at pureVOLUME is frickin sex. It's so good I actually start to shake. Totally surpasses any of their previous work in my opinion. If you are into the hard screamo stuff, check this out.

Days Like These - I've been recommending them from the beginning. Once you hear the full length coming out in March, you'll probably see what we've all been talking about. If you are a fan of Over It and Staring Back, these guys are up your ally. They bring the rock. And the singer's voice reminds me a lot of Brett from The Juliana Theory. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Normal Like You - I got their demo in the mail this past week, and found out what the buzz is all about. They got a good catchy poppy sound but with an edge. Nothing out of the dark new or anything, but you'll surely be hearing much more about them in the coming year.

The Front Runner - I am not sure how I came across them. I think my friend Sean told me to check them out but I don't remember cause I suck at life. Either way, check them out. They are a young underground band I'd keep my eyes on.

Waking Ashland - I got their demo just today, so they wouldn't have made recommendations if we weren't having server issues. The demo though, is totally assin. I really dig it. It's piano rock but with a lot more rock than you tend to hear in this particular genre. I totally see this band going places with a unique sound like this.

The Soundtracks Of Summer (long before it's here)
it's that time of year again. it was 55 degrees or so yesterday here in PA and after months of shivering and shaking, there is no better time to roll down the windows, crank up the volume and pop in one of these records. no matter how bored you may be with these records, you rediscover them even if only for one listen. These records are the soundtracks to such weather, and they make you feel so good about things coming off a shitty winter. Your all suckers for it and you know it. And yes, Simple Plan does belong on there.

The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
Sugarcult - Start Static / Palm Trees And Powerlines
Fallout Boy - Take This To Your Grave
Marvelous 3 - Ready Sex Go
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler / Half Hour Of Power
Mest - Destination Nowhere / Self Titled
New Found Glory - Self Titled
MxPx - Before Everything And After
The Ataris - Blue Skies and Broken Hearts.. / End Is Forever / So Long Astoria
Homegrown - Kings Of Pop'
Blink182 - Enema Of The State
Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down
Simple Plan - ...Just Balls
Green Day - Dookie

feel free to leave some other records you consider to be included in this list. I was just shooting the albums that I totally love to listen to when I feel like this, when the weather finally warms up. Oh and keep checkin out my Xanga journal. I am becoming obsessed with that stuff. Hope you have a great week, I know I will since it's my last as a teenager.
07:40 AM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
FarPastGone
Favors The Brave
No Avatar Selected
Patagonia
Male
The new Days Like These cd is incredibly awesome (its on mIRC). And everyone needs to check out the band Sherwood their like Park but slower and better vocals or maybe even a slower version of The Starting Line, you can stream their whole album at their PureVolume site......www.purevolume.com/sherwood

Nice Picks though March........
09:48 AM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
em0
i know you like my style.
Whitman,...
Male - 28 Years Old
i think i would have to throw both thrice albums and the newest midtown cd(the name is not coming to mind) on your "warm weather cd list" as well, however that IS only my opinion.
09:58 AM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
X__inhope
justinryan.org
texas
Male - 27 Years Old
i have to agree with most of your "warm weather list". for some reason.. when it gets nicer out, i find myself listening to bands like the ataris and stuff alot more. i guess poppunk just mixes with nice weather.. i would like to note that, sum 41 - half hour of power is a hell of a release. haha. anyway i'll have to throw in:

Blink 182 - dude ranch
fenix tx - fenix tx
halifax - start back at start
midtown - save the world lose the girl

and just because it should be on every list

recover - ceci n'est pas recover
10:45 AM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
xJeremyx
i am batman
RICHMOND
Male - 29 Years Old
yeah those are some pretty good summer cds. It was like 65 degrees here yesterday and the first thing i did was bust out the Rufio "perhaps...i suppose" cd. its been my summer cd for the past few summers and so I think you should add it to your list along with

Mae- destination: beautiful
Thursday- Full Collapse and Waiting
Audio Karate- s/t (le sigh...the memories)
Death Cab For Cutie- Something about Airplanes or the photo album
Texas is the Reason- Do You Know Who You Are?
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Blink 182's first four cds, Chesire Cat through Enema
Hopesfall- Frailty of words and No Wings to Speak of
Bless The Martyr, And Kiss The Child as preformed by Norma Jean
Boys Night Out- Broken Bones And Bloody Kisses
The Movielife- This Time Next Year

The are a lot more that I cannot think of...but thats a few of the more important summertime cds in my collection
10:50 AM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
InaGreendase
Registered Member
Salem, MA
Male - 28 Years Old
"Warm Weather CDs"

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool
Sleep Station - Von Cosel EP
Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?
Blindside Silence
12:14 PM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
SensesHveFailed
oregon
30 Years Old
whenever i see the sun after long months of rain northstar 'rigged and ready' gets me ready for spring
12:19 PM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
jamaica next
dude
No Avatar Selected
junction
Male - 27 Years Old
Originally Posted by InaGreendase
"Warm Weather CDs"

Saves the Day - Through Being Cool

anything by saves the day is so good in the summer..but yeah through being cool might top the list for me. good call
03:18 PM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
em0
i know you like my style.
Whitman,...
Male - 28 Years Old
Originally Posted by SensesHveFailed
whenever i see the sun after long months of rain northstar 'rigged and ready' gets me ready for spring

wicked weird you say that, today i actually brought that into my car. haven't listened to it in quite awhile.
04:16 PM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
Solongastoria
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
Uhmmmm...wheres the sublime in the warm weather list?

Sublime is the perfect windows down music.
04:17 PM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
MPLSer
originally MPLS but...
29 Years Old
Originally Posted by Chris March
The Soundtracks Of Summer (long before it's here)
it's that time of year again. it was 55 degrees or so yesterday here in PA and after months of shivering and shaking, there is no better time to roll down the windows, crank up the volume and pop in one of these records. no matter how bored you may be with these records, you rediscover them even if only for one listen. These records are the soundtracks to such weather, and they make you feel so good about things coming off a shitty winter. Your all suckers for it and you know it. And yes, Simple Plan does belong on there.

The Starting Line - Say It Like You Mean It
Sugarcult - Start Static / Palm Trees And Powerlines
Fallout Boy - Take This To Your Grave
Marvelous 3 - Ready Sex Go
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler / Half Hour Of Power
Mest - Destination Nowhere / Self Titled
New Found Glory - Self Titled
MxPx - Before Everything And After
The Ataris - Blue Skies and Broken Hearts.. / End Is Forever / So Long Astoria
Homegrown - Kings Of Pop'
Blink182 - Enema Of The State
Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down
Simple Plan - ...Just Balls
Green Day - Dookie

Any respect i had for this guy is out the window.
07:29 PM on 03/02/04 
User Info.
somebodypunchme
Chris Vandenberg .com
No Avatar Selected
Toronto, Ontario,...
Male - 27 Years Old
goldfinger
12:16 PM on 03/03/04 
User Info.
Throwback
The Swordsman
Leesport/Philadelphi...
Male - 26 Years Old
Originally Posted by FarPastGone
The new Days Like These cd is incredibly awesome (its on mIRC). And everyone needs to check out the band Sherwood their like Park but slower and better vocals or maybe even a slower version of The Starting Line, you can stream their whole album at their PureVolume site......www.purevolume.com/sherwood

Nice Picks though March........

Sherwood friggin rocks.
04:12 PM on 03/05/04 
User Info.
MrChainsaw389
I'm Blue For Street Team
Kenner Louisiana
Male - 25 Years Old
Alkaline Trio

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates