Hey kids. So I've been trying to post this for like 3 days now, and looks like I finally got it up in spite of the server issues we've been having. Anyway, next Sunday I'll be 20. So if you want to send me stuff, I totally will think you are cool. Enough about me and my ego, here are some bands I'd HIGHLY recommend. I think this week is a very awesome list I've compiled. Also, keep reading to check out my list of albums that just sound awesome when the weather begins to warm up on weeks like this. (atleast here in PA anyway)
- The new demo at pureVOLUME is frickin sex. It's so good I actually start to shake. Totally surpasses any of their previous work in my opinion. If you are into the hard screamo stuff, check this out.
Days Like These
- I've been recommending them from the beginning. Once you hear the full length coming out in March, you'll probably see what we've all been talking about. If you are a fan of Over It and Staring Back, these guys are up your ally. They bring the rock. And the singer's voice reminds me a lot of Brett from The Juliana Theory. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Normal Like You
- I got their demo in the mail this past week, and found out what the buzz is all about. They got a good catchy poppy sound but with an edge. Nothing out of the dark new or anything, but you'll surely be hearing much more about them in the coming year.
The Front Runner
- I am not sure how I came across them. I think my friend Sean told me to check them out but I don't remember cause I suck at life. Either way, check them out. They are a young underground band I'd keep my eyes on.
- I got their demo just today, so they wouldn't have made recommendations if we weren't having server issues. The demo though, is totally assin. I really dig it. It's piano rock but with a lot more rock than you tend to hear in this particular genre. I totally see this band going places with a unique sound like this.
The Soundtracks Of Summer
(long before it's here)
it's that time of year again. it was 55 degrees or so yesterday here in PA and after months of shivering and shaking, there is no better time to roll down the windows, crank up the volume and pop in one of these records. no matter how bored you may be with these records, you rediscover them even if only for one listen. These records are the soundtracks to such weather, and they make you feel so good about things coming off a shitty winter. Your all suckers for it and you know it. And yes, Simple Plan does belong on there.
The Starting Line
- Say It Like You Mean It
- Start Static / Palm Trees And Powerlines
- Take This To Your Grave
- Ready Sex Go
- Ocean Avenue
- All Killer No Filler / Half Hour Of Power
- Destination Nowhere / Self Titled
New Found Glory
- Self Titled
- Before Everything And After
- Blue Skies and Broken Hearts.. / End Is Forever / So Long Astoria
- Kings Of Pop'
- Enema Of The State
Further Seems Forever
- The Moon Is Down
- ...Just Balls
feel free to leave some other records you consider to be included in this list. I was just shooting the albums that I totally love to listen to when I feel like this, when the weather finally warms up. Oh and keep checkin out my Xanga journal
. I am becoming obsessed with that stuff. Hope you have a great week, I know I will since it's my last as a teenager.