AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

Fall Out Boy and Taylor Swift Team Up for Victoria...

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/15/13)
If you wanna see Taylor Swift and Fall Out Boy perform "My Songs Know..." together -- you can ton December 10th for the Victoria Secret Fashion Show on CBS.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13.
10:30 AM on 11/15/13
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.
It's kind of already happened before though it was just Patrick instead of the whole band.

11:15 AM on 11/15/13
iden22
close call
User Info.
They also did "I Knew You Were Trouble." Not sure if that will air though.
11:42 AM on 11/15/13
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
I was at the NJ show where it happened.
12:10 PM on 11/15/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Really excited
12:14 PM on 11/15/13
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
User Info.
fob look so tiny standing next to T. Swift and the models. There are already some clips of their performance with Taylor and one with just them floating around.

Also, next Tuesday? Thought it aired December 10th
12:23 PM on 11/15/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
fob look so tiny standing next to T. Swift and the models. There are already some clips of their performance with Taylor and one with just them floating around.

Also, next Tuesday? Thought it aired December 10th
You're right. Fixing.
02:37 PM on 11/15/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Her dancing is annoying
03:56 PM on 11/15/13
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
such sell out tool's
02:24 AM on 11/16/13
sprezzle
User Info.
You're right. Fixing.

Also, they played The Phoenix, not MSK.

You don't have to like it, but these guys have been called sellouts for nearly a decade and they all understand where an apostrophe belongs. They were weird, smart ugly/glam ducklings that grew into weird, smart rock ducklings. This band, with so much musical knowledge, and average height... 5'6"?... playing on a VS runway is the normalization of the punk ethic (and subsequently taking a professorial approach to getting fucked over by wardrobe) ) I craved as a 90s teen.

They've said they're Revenge of the Nerds in band form, and I truly feel that's the case. They're well past the point where the exposes start rolling, and the main expose is still... "Pete's actually a decent, clever guy. Also, if you've never seen him play a guitar, Joe's an extremely good guitarist with a collaborative personality and musical breadth. He wrote a lot of SRAR and was not tossed in the trunk of a little red corvette after 'someone' clapped chloroform-soaked Michael Jackson liner notes over his face."

I also love how Patrick backs young songwriting prodigies. Swift has handled their parallels perfectly, and I hope Lorde (who Patrick has openly admired on numerous occasions) does the same.

I will follow every project the band and individual members pursue because they tore off the prison door that said bands who came from punk had to follow the bullshit cred rules or perish. The guys like ASOIAF/GOT so I'll call them my "prince that was promised" -- in 1995 we thought rap/R&B, techno, rock, pop, and probably an occasional ill-advised electrodigiridoo would be in a blender on radio by now. Amazingly, there's only one massive power-pop band simultaneously keeping the nomadic legacy of the Beatles, The Who, Zep, etc. alive while they come across as guys who really have punk in their souls.
02:46 AM on 11/16/13
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
User Info.
Also, they played The Phoenix, not MSK.

They played msk with Taylor, and I'm assuming The Phoenix was just fob.

clip: http://swiftnetwork.tumblr.com/post/...w-what-you-did
03:19 AM on 11/16/13
sprezzle
User Info.
They played msk with Taylor, and I'm assuming The Phoenix was just fob.

clip: http://swiftnetwork.tumblr.com/post/...w-what-you-did
Oh crumbs, you're quite right. I haven't watched all the VS leak clips to see if they did any other songs. I just heard "HEY YOUNGBLOOD!" and saw wings...
12:46 AM on 11/17/13
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
User Info.
Sweet, an excuse to watch the victoria secret fashion show with my significant other.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests