Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
08:52 AM on 11/18/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
My best friend at the time took us to the record store in the mall (now closed, of course) to pick up two copies after school. He drove a super old blue truck. We weren't able to actually listen to it until we got back to his dad's house, but we had been listening to a leaked copy for about 3 weeks. I wish I could find the leaked version again; it had different versions of "Violence," "Down," and the original "Action." One of my favorite albums of all time, and is indisputably the band's best work.
09:13 AM on 11/18/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Tom's magnum opus as a songwriter, quite possibly the band's best work (I think Mark's was the +44 album, and Travis has been consistently killing it since.) I love how the band perfected the low octave harmony over the bass line on this album (I have a hard time describing it, but its seen in the bridge for Here's Your Letter, bridge for Always, Down, Feeling This, etc.) The band trademarked and absolutely pushed to its full potential what it was that made their songs so catchy and good. Travis's drumming on this album is and always will be my favorite to lap/car drum to. Asthenia is still one of the most pivotal Blink 182 songs in their whole catalog. Mark has said in a lot of interviews that making this album felt like being in a laboratory, and it makes a lot of sense. I feel like if the band put themselves in another creative environment like this, they could make another killer album. Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs were decent in their own respect, but you can tell they're an after thought compared to this album.

This album did a lot for me growing up, and still hasn't gone stale. Top 5 all time for me. Thanks Blink.
Glad to see someone else mention the "low octave harmony over the bass line" thing.
09:24 AM on 11/18/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Sounds like they are adopting a similar recording strategy for the upcoming album. This is from an LA Times article:

"After leaving longtime home Interscope Records, Blink is in talks for a new deal. It expects to record new material within the next 90 days. Nostalgia surrounding the 10th anniversary of "Blink-182" notwithstanding, the idea is to channel the 2003 mojo into the new material.

Step 1: shack up in some opulent SoCal spot for the duration of recording. This time, Hoppus said, they're thinking Malibu."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...xzz2kxKOW6 PV
01:48 PM on 11/19/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
I wrote about my relationship with this album as part of Alter The Press's "10 Years On" series; thought I'd share with you guys:

http://www.alterthepress.com/2013/11...tled.html#more

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version