Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 118.
07:58 AM on 11/18/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
pretty sure my sister bought this right when it came out....probably one of the first records in this genre I ever listened to, even if I never turned into a big Blink fan. pretty weird to think I was 9 when it came out haha
08:02 AM on 11/18/13
docrobinson
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tom's magnum opus as a songwriter, quite possibly the band's best work (I think Mark's was the +44 album, and Travis has been consistently killing it since.) I love how the band perfected the low octave harmony over the bass line on this album (I have a hard time describing it, but its seen in the bridge for Here's Your Letter, bridge for Always, Down, Feeling This, etc.) The band trademarked and absolutely pushed to its full potential what it was that made their songs so catchy and good. Travis's drumming on this album is and always will be my favorite to lap/car drum to. Asthenia is still one of the most pivotal Blink 182 songs in their whole catalog. Mark has said in a lot of interviews that making this album felt like being in a laboratory, and it makes a lot of sense. I feel like if the band put themselves in another creative environment like this, they could make another killer album. Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs were decent in their own respect, but you can tell they're an after thought compared to this album.

This album did a lot for me growing up, and still hasn't gone stale. Top 5 all time for me. Thanks Blink.
08:06 AM on 11/18/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
I preordered this record with a shirt, and it arrived on the same day I got my drivers license. Put the CD in and it was the first album I listened to while driving around solo. Good times.
08:11 AM on 11/18/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Changed my life. My favorite record of all time.

Was really a dream come true to see them play it live.
08:12 AM on 11/18/13
evilandgood
User Info.
6th grade me was floored the first time I heard "I Miss You." It's crazy it's been 10 years! "Here's Your Letter" will forever be my favorite Blink song.
08:13 AM on 11/18/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Tom's magnum opus as a songwriter, quite possibly the band's best work (I think Mark's was the +44 album, and Travis has been consistently killing it since.) I love how the band perfected the low octave harmony over the bass line on this album (I have a hard time describing it, but its seen in the bridge for Here's Your Letter, bridge for Always, Down, Feeling This, etc.) The band trademarked and absolutely pushed to its full potential what it was that made their songs so catchy and good. Travis's drumming on this album is and always will be my favorite to lap/car drum to. Asthenia is still one of the most pivotal Blink 182 songs in their whole catalog. Mark has said in a lot of interviews that making this album felt like being in a laboratory, and it makes a lot of sense. I feel like if the band put themselves in another creative environment like this, they could make another killer album. Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs were decent in their own respect, but you can tell they're an after thought compared to this album.

This album did a lot for me growing up, and still hasn't gone stale. Top 5 all time for me. Thanks Blink.
Glad to see someone else mention the "low octave harmony over the bass line" thing.
08:15 AM on 11/18/13
The_Blackout94
Chances are, I'm injured
User Info.
God this album is good. I was only 9 when it came out, and didn't discover it until I was about 14 in 2008. Originally I hated it. I liked the loud, fast, stupid Blink. Why would I like this? That led to me not listening to it properly till around late 2009 which was when it just clicked with me. I just suddenly 'got' what this record was, what it meant to me.

I grew up with Blink, just about 10 years after everyone else did. I matured whilst listening to their records, and it all came to a peak with this one. Each of their records means something to me, and I guess just due to the period and the place I was in when I fell in love with this one, it means the most to me.

Still holds up too. What I consider this records low points, songs like Always and I Miss You, still manage to be career highlights for the band. I think that speaks volumes as to what I think of this record.
08:17 AM on 11/18/13
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
I remember the first time I ever listened to this album in it's entirety, which coincidentally just happened to be like 2 weeks ago.

I think it's the best blink album by a wide margin.
08:19 AM on 11/18/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
this was pretty much the first non-country album that i got into (alongside good charlotte's the young and the hopeless). it more or less laid the foundation for everything else i listen to. so amaze. much improve. wow.
08:21 AM on 11/18/13
chewbacca110
Little Boy Blue... he needed the $!
User Info.
I preordered this record with a shirt, and it arrived on the same day I got my drivers license. Put the CD in and it was the first album I listened to while driving around solo. Good times.

That's a good goddamn fucking memory, my man.

This came out senior year of high school and I had just started a band with my classmates who were WAY into pop punk before I was. This album unified us not only as friends, but as musicians because we all blew our loads over the massive jump in songwriting the band had taken and Travis' drum tracks floored us (the fills in "Down" still blow my mind, and I've been playing drums for 17 years now).

This album is still one of my go-to jams for going on a run. It keeps me pumped the whole time.
08:22 AM on 11/18/13
cowlord
stahp
User Info.
I was nine when this came out....

Still an amazing album though. Possibly in my top ten of all tome
08:23 AM on 11/18/13
xjulianx89
Play that tune
User Info.
Didn't do much for me when it came out. Listened to it a year later and I was just floored. It still holds up to this day: the leap forward in style, the perfect flow, and the incredible production. I adore it.
08:24 AM on 11/18/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Sounds like they are adopting a similar recording strategy for the upcoming album. This is from an LA Times article:

"After leaving longtime home Interscope Records, Blink is in talks for a new deal. It expects to record new material within the next 90 days. Nostalgia surrounding the 10th anniversary of "Blink-182" notwithstanding, the idea is to channel the 2003 mojo into the new material.

Step 1: shack up in some opulent SoCal spot for the duration of recording. This time, Hoppus said, they're thinking Malibu."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...xzz2kxKOW6 PV
08:24 AM on 11/18/13
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
User Info.
Genuinely changed my and so many others lives; ultimately that is the greatest compliment you can give to any artist.
08:25 AM on 11/18/13
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.
Senior year of highschool my best friend and I cut class to buy this. We went to his house and listened to the whole thing like 3 times. I probably played it at least once a week for the rest of the year. Great album.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests