Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 118
09:25 AM on 11/18/13
tjdohner21
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was a Junior in High School. First time i heard feeling this, i was let down. Then I heard Violence and I refused to believe it was Blink 182.

Then MTV.com streamed the whole album before it was released and I sat in my room listening to the album on repeat while talking with friends through AIM. The album grew on me and grew fast. Then my mom was nice enough to go by the album the day it dropped. Its by far their best album and became the soundtrack to my senior of high school.

PS. I also remember watching them perfrom on Pepsi Smash. That was great.
09:26 AM on 11/18/13
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I still get goosebumps when I hear "fate fell short this time, your smile fades in the summer. place your hand in mine, i'll leave when i wanna."

I'm an air force brat and my parents had just gotten orders to leave the base we had been stationed at since I was in the second grade. It was my first year of college so i moved into an apartment with my best friend (who is still my best friend, ten years later) and we jammed the fuck out to this album, getting drunk as fuck off of moonshine. Those were the days.
09:27 AM on 11/18/13
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
I just remember listening to I'm Lost Without You over and over and over and over and over again.
09:29 AM on 11/18/13
cove5859
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember my boyfriend at the time throwing this CD out of his car window because he thought it sucked so bad.
09:29 AM on 11/18/13
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
I just remember listening to I'm Lost Without You over and over and over and over and over again.
That's interesting. I didn't appreciate I'm Lost Without You as much as I should have until I got a little older.
09:31 AM on 11/18/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
i remember following their online updates when i was in grade 8/9.
Took 30 minutes to load a video.

kept up with the whole thing.

bought madden to hear "feeling this" first

album came out when i was in grade 10.
09:31 AM on 11/18/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Turned 13 the day this came out. Forgot it was released on my birthday.
09:33 AM on 11/18/13
Fox83
User Info.
I was working at Circuit City (lol) my sophomore year of college as a holiday employee. I remember buying the CD there.

To be honest, I was disappointed with it at first. They did such a good job of documenting the recording process, and all of the sounds they leaked out during recording made me expect something entirely different than what the final result was. That said, it grew on me over the years. It probably took a few years before I really began appreciating it. Feeling This was such a catchy single. I almost expected the entire album to have that vibe. I think that's what screwed up my initial impression of the album.
09:35 AM on 11/18/13
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
On the documenting of the album they did, Tom played some acoustic idea that didn't make the record, but I loved it. Are those webisodes available anywhere?
09:36 AM on 11/18/13
mikey41
User Info.
First album I heard by them. I remember how weird Tom's voice sounded to me, but I shortly started loving it. I wish he still sang like that, such a cool unique voice.
09:36 AM on 11/18/13
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
That's interesting. I didn't appreciate I'm Lost Without You as much as I should have until I got a little older.
When the bass came in and the "I will go.." part comes in, always gave me goosebumps.
09:38 AM on 11/18/13
mikey41
User Info.
On the documenting of the album they did, Tom played some acoustic idea that didn't make the record, but I loved it. Are those webisodes available anywhere?
YouTube, just look up "blink 182 in studio". There's like 30 of them.
09:40 AM on 11/18/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Just another awesome album in the greatest year the scene ever experienced.
09:42 AM on 11/18/13
DooDooBird
User Info.
Not a bad album, but I thought it wasn't nearly as fun as TOYPAJ.
09:42 AM on 11/18/13
mybluemanhattan
User Info.
I watch this like once a month haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News