Password
Blink 182 News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 118 of 118.
02:51 PM on 11/18/13
spooky2k
'something witty'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On the documenting of the album they did, Tom played some acoustic idea that didn't make the record, but I loved it. Are those webisodes available anywhere?
There are about 48 of them. I posted a link in page 3 or 4 of this very thread :)
02:57 PM on 11/18/13
vegasbabyvegas
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Ghost on the Dancefloor is one of my favorite songs of theirs ever. Neighborhoods wasn't up to par with S/T but Dogs Eating Dogs was a little closer. I just want the next album to have an overall cohesive sound like S/T. Neighborhoods lacks synergy.
I dig that tune. I need to listen to Dogs Eating Dogs more I guess. I quit after a few listens through.
03:05 PM on 11/18/13
Kid Defender
Typo
User Info.
I didn't know this was so many people's favorite blink release. That's so weird to me, having been in middle school and high school when dude ranch, enema, and toypaj came out. Dude ranch will probably always be my favorite blink record, but self titled surprised the hell out of me, and at this point I listen to this about as often as I do any of their stuff besides dude ranch and enema.
04:52 PM on 11/18/13
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
ten years ago I absolutely hated this album. after dude ranch, enema, and take off your pants, this wasn't exactly the Blink album a 15-year-old me was hoping for or expecting. it took a while but I do enjoy it front to back now, and realize it's probably their best written album, but it still isn't my favorite. the only songs I got into then were like, Violence, Go, Feeling This and Here's Your Letter. I think it was later that spring I finally went back and gave it an honest chance.

also, I remember convincing my parents to buy me Madden 2004 that August when it came out, just to hear Action
05:59 PM on 11/18/13
Nickdobo
@NickDobo
User Info.
This album was one of those really special albums because I didn't like it that much at first. It grew on me like crazy but it made me feel like they could have put out the Box Car Racer album together as well. Either way, it's an awesome record. Love it.
07:31 PM on 11/18/13
PunkDrums182
I won't always live.. Not stopping.
User Info.
I remember watching all the videos leading up to the album coming out. The first time I heard the chorus to I Miss You, I actually thought that it was the greatest thing I had ever heard in my life haha.

I remember being confused about the new sound on first listen, but it grew on my very quickly. I actually didn't listen to ANYTHING else for months.
08:52 PM on 11/18/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
bought it at Circuit City with a gift card I got from returning a CD player
02:13 AM on 11/19/13
juice182
User Info.
its so fun reading these memories
09:58 AM on 11/19/13
stinger0412
User Info.
its so fun reading these memories
Reading everyone else's nostalgic recollections of this album has made my week and enhanced my love for Blink-182 as my favorite band.

Thank you to everyone who has shared your memories about this.

Here's to another 15 years of great Blink music.
12:48 PM on 11/19/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
I wrote about my relationship with this album as part of Alter The Press's "10 Years On" series; thought I'd share with you guys:

http://www.alterthepress.com/2013/11...tled.html#more
01:00 PM on 11/19/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Still regret not listening to this record until june 2010. I was just beginning to get into music back in 2003 as "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" is one of the first albums i've ever listened to. I remember seeing the "Feeling This" video all the time on tv at the time, same for "I Miss You" a few months later. I could be wrong but "Always" and "Down" weren't "huge" in France at least. Never heard them on radio/seen on tv.
04:39 PM on 11/19/13
KidInTheHall182
User Info.
I'm glad I was "mature" enough (at 17) to enjoy this album when it came out, and to not be disappointed that it didn't sound exactly like their last 2 albums. It's absolutely my favorite album of all time and not that their other albums aren't aging well, but out of the ones that they have already released, I think this one will easily hold up the best. I can remember going to Best Buy for the midnight release (some Michael Jackson compilation album came out that night too, I remember) and listening to it for hours on end on my 3-CD player in my room. I could be surprised one day, but I don't see any album ever topping this one for me, especially when you factor in the nostalgia. 2003 was a GREAT year for music and 3 of my other top 5 albums are from that year (Deja, In Reverie & The Room's Too Cold). Here's hoping the next Blink 182 album has the same creativity and energy that this amazing record has.
02:42 PM on 11/25/13
irememberhallow
User Info.
I remember when it came out I had a tiny coupon for it from best buy that I got from the sales paper. I remember being really stoked about it and talking to two of my friends about the album while listening to it. It was their 'grown up' album and I appreciated it because I was growing up in\entering high school.

Def a big part of my life and teen years.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests