Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 39
01:15 PM on 11/18/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is so much better than I thought it would be. wow.
01:18 PM on 11/18/13
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
I really hope Mark doesn't have any vocal problems. His voice has sounded very weak and kind of wavering on some of these songs recently to me.
It's not necessarily a problem; moreso that he's in his 40s and can't sing like he did in his 20s. That's why Tom has always sung the chorus of Dammit (and I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it sounded bad when he sang it with +44, unless Craig or Shane sung it, I don't remember) and why, in my opinion, after Dude Ranch, his voice changed very much.
01:37 PM on 11/18/13
Tucker SL!
Secret Lives! / Tucker
User Info.
they have broken through to a mainstream audience who are or associate with mentally handicapped people and would certainly find the term "retarded" derogatory.

fuck them, right?
04:13 PM on 11/18/13
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
ya marks voice sounds blown haha
04:17 PM on 11/18/13
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
every show out in la there are a few of us that bring signs that say "Play A New Hope" It will probably never happen :'(
04:18 PM on 11/18/13
dubey
trillest
User Info.
Unguarded

They sounded great though
04:19 PM on 11/18/13
Kapa73
User Info.
they have broken through to a mainstream audience who are or associate with mentally handicapped people and would certainly find the term "retarded" derogatory.

fuck them, right?
Agree.

Some people just wouldn't have anything to say if they weren't able to complain.
04:31 PM on 11/18/13
specialeds281
Every word Handwritten.
User Info.
I enjoyed the hell out of that.
04:41 PM on 11/18/13
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
User Info.
my all-time favorite Blink song.
04:46 PM on 11/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
05:02 PM on 11/18/13
gengen
Listen To Saves The Day
User Info.
i love blink records but wont see them live ever agaib. saw them once - pop disaster tour with green day. felt bad for them having to go on after green day - blink's live show was HORRIBLE compared to green day.
05:37 PM on 11/18/13
lbopm
catch phrase
User Info.
apparently...I'm with the minority when i say I'm not for the change
he can't sing the song so he might as well ruin the punch behind the line. the whole point was he's immature and she's not. I guess they can't play any song on Cheshire cat with the "gay" lines. It's art-- no reason to change it.
05:39 PM on 11/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
he can't sing the song so he might as well ruin the punch behind the line. the whole point was he's immature and she's not. I guess they can't play any song on Cheshire cat with the "gay" lines. It's art-- no reason to change it.
If they believe they should and want to change it - that's a reason.
05:48 PM on 11/18/13
lbopm
catch phrase
User Info.
If they believe they should and want to change it - that's a reason.
Of course he's allowed to change it. Anyone can perform it anyway they want. I'm just saying it's not necessary IMO as it is a piece of art. I can also choose to dislike the change. If they go through plays that have offensive material and take it out for the sake of the current P.C. climate, it can completely change the point of a work.

Admittedly, the song is no where near as deep things found in other art forms. But for example, if the word "fuck" wasn't in the end of Catcher in the Rye on the wall, the end wouldn't have the same impact. I think the word "retarded" in that line completely captured where he was at that point, and most importantly the immaturity of the speaker (who is presumably Mark himself). This was a huge theme of the song. It's fine that older Mark wants to change it, but I can still not like it.
06:15 PM on 11/18/13
Basketcase
User Info.
i REALLY hope they start playing this song more often in their next tour

top 5 Blink song for me

always find myself singing it at the most random times

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles