Username
Password
Warped Tour News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Warped Tour
Inside AP.net

Watsky Stage Dives at UK Warped Tour; Breaks Girl's Arm

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/18/13)
Over the weekend at the UK Warped Tour, Watsky stage dove from about 35 feet up off the lighting rig and broke a girl's arm. Photos and video footage can all be found here.
He added: 'I feel f****** terrible. I made a boneheaded decision that got people hurt, and it's extremely lucky it wasn't worse. Putting your own body on the line is one thing, but putting other people in harm's way is inexcusable. I let down my supporters, I let down the Warped Tour and I let down my band and the people who work their asses off behind the scenes to make these shows happen. My #1 priority right now is to somehow make this right for the folks who were hurt.

Submitted by Jessejames690

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
11:08 AM on 11/18/13
Steve_JustAGuy
www.justaguy.us
User Info.
Watsky, how did you even consider that to be a good idea?
11:10 AM on 11/18/13
danieldanger
User Info.
dude is gonna get sued so fucking hard. so hard.
11:12 AM on 11/18/13
NoRefuge
User Info.
I doubt it, not in the UK
11:12 AM on 11/18/13
bradfoshoo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he might not, it's not the US Warped Tour ;)
11:13 AM on 11/18/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Worse than Lazzara

Also, random note from teh article itself:
Quote:
'My £1 priority right now is to somehow make this right for the folks who were hurt.'
It's as if the article were telegraphed or phoned in, and "pound sign" became the actual British pound instead of the octothorpe.
11:14 AM on 11/18/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I doubt it, not in the UK

he might not, it's not the US Warped Tour ;)

"He jumped on me and broke my arm" sounds like a pretty good reason to sue no matter where you are, doesn't it?
llluminate
User Info.
At least he's apologetic about it.
11:18 AM on 11/18/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Wow, uh. Not a wise decision at all.
11:18 AM on 11/18/13
NoRefuge
User Info.
"He jumped on me and broke my arm" sounds like a pretty good reason to sue no matter where you are, doesn't it?
Perhaps, but there won't be any medical expenses incurred, so aside from damages, which I wouldn't be able to say for sure whether or not she would win any substantial amount (I'm not a lawyer), she wouldn't gain monetarily from it. Plus, the UK isn't quite as sue-happy as the US when it comes to these kinds of things.
11:19 AM on 11/18/13
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

To an American, yes. People in most countries aren't so prone to take someone to court over nonsense. Keep in mind that I'm from Indiana, America as fuck.
11:21 AM on 11/18/13
Fatalix
User Info.
Perhaps, but that's not the typical reaction someone from the UK would have. They'll be pissed about it. They'll complain to their friends for a few days and grumble about it occasionally for a few months, and then it'll be forgotten. Mistakes happen. We just get on with shit, and the thought of ruining another person over it doesn't really cross our our minds.
11:23 AM on 11/18/13
NoRefuge
User Info.
Perhaps, but that's not the typical reaction someone from the UK would have. They'll be pissed about it. They'll complain to their friends for a few days and grumble about it occasionally for a few months, and then it'll be forgotten. Mistakes happen. We just get on with shit, and the thought of ruining another person over it doesn't really cross our our minds.
This. She'd be well within her rights to sue of course, but I'm not so sure a) she would bother and b) she would win anything particularly substantial.
11:24 AM on 11/18/13
NoRefuge
User Info.
Oh, and I like Watsky, but this wasn't a smart idea. At all.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums