Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

Harry Corrigan (Bellwether) Responds to Accusations

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/18/13)
Harry Corrigan from Bellwether has posted a lengthy response to accusations of "sexual assault."
When I clicked on the link, and read the headline, I was at a loss for words. ďHarry Corrigan from long Island bands is a sexual assaulter.Ē I was at a loss because this just isnít true. Iím letting you know beforehand that some of the details I write in this post are explicit, but, Iím going to recount exactly what happened on the night of July 23rd, 2012.

Update: The other side to this story has been posted on her Tumblr. Trigger warning: Sexual assault descriptions.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 309
07:00 PM on 11/18/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
This is probably one of those things that will forever remain "he said, she said." It seems like there's a new girl accusing a band guy of something like this every week. Not saying they're all true or they're all false, that would be ridiculous. It just seems like this is coming up a lot more often.
07:02 PM on 11/18/13
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
So at no point did he ever feel like a scumbag for letting scummy backstage shit like that happen? It sounds like he's of the mindset that it's expected for female fans to give it up (he even mentions his bros were "fake cheering" him when returned). I think that says a lot/explains why these accusations are something he doesn't understand.
07:04 PM on 11/18/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Does anyone have a link to the actual accusations?
07:06 PM on 11/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
07:09 PM on 11/18/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
So at no point did he ever feel like a scumbag for letting scummy backstage shit like that happen? It sounds like he's of the mindset that it's expected for female fans to give it up (he even mentions his bros were "fake cheering" him when returned). I think that says a lot/explains why these accusations are something he doesn't understand.
This dude isn't a rockstar, you know, right? I can't imagine more than 50 people went to that show. It's not like he, or any band, or most likely any band he's ever toured with at their level, have that mindset about female fans. If she was even a real fan, not just a girl who went to a show to support friends in another band.
07:10 PM on 11/18/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
07:14 PM on 11/18/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
The statement from Harry Corrigan essentially acknowledges that he believes flirting implies some level of consent, which is problematic at the very least.
07:16 PM on 11/18/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
This dude isn't a rockstar, you know, right? I can't imagine more than 50 people went to that show. It's not like he, or any band, or most likely any band he's ever toured with at their level, have that mindset about female fans. If she was even a real fan, not just a girl who went to a show to support friends in another band.
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with either the accusation or denial?
07:30 PM on 11/18/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Different topic: Whatever happened to that Warped raoe case from this sumner? Just curious to hear if it was dropped or if there is a trial being awaited.
07:30 PM on 11/18/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I'm not sure what any of that has to do with either the accusation or denial?
"sounds like he's of the mindset that it's expected for female fans to give it up" is what I was replying to
07:32 PM on 11/18/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
"sounds like he's of the mindset that it's expected for female fans to give it up" is what I was replying to
Lots of guys have that kind of expectation, regardless of whether they're in a popular band (or even in a band at all)
07:33 PM on 11/18/13
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
Different topic: Whatever happened to that Warped raoe case from this sumner? Just curious to hear if it was dropped or if their is a trial being awaited.

Wondering about that as well ...
07:33 PM on 11/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Different topic: Whatever happened to that Warped raoe case from this sumner? Just curious to hear if it was dropped or if there is a trial being awaited.
Pretty sure he was charged (50k bond) ... name was never released though that I saw, so I don't know how much more follow-up could be done.
07:47 PM on 11/18/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles