AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Siren Records 20% Off Sale

Posted by - 10:53 AM on 11/19/13
Siren Records is giving 20% off all vinyl & merch with code 'SIREN20' - grab records and merch from Felled Trees (Thrice, Samiam, Texas Is The Reason, The Jealous Sound), Peace'd Out (Vinnie Caruanna, RX Bandits), I Is Another (Far, Rival Schools), Silver Snakes, and more.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:57 AM on 11/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
11:18 AM on 11/19/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
This is weird.
03:30 PM on 11/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Care to offer what could possibly be weird about a record sale, or just being phaynes?
04:45 PM on 11/19/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Care to offer what could possibly be weird about a record sale, or just being phaynes?
The practice of ap.net staffers posting things that other ap.net staffers have direct monetary ties into, be it bands/labels/whatever, is just kind of an odd practice.
04:53 PM on 11/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The practice of ap.net staffers posting things that other ap.net staffers have direct monetary ties into, be it bands/labels/whatever, is just kind of an odd practice.
I think it's an odd practice that you live with a guy who does exactly that, but you chose to bring it up here. But hey, I guess it makes sense not to post about Acceptance, Pentimento, or any of the amazing things P + P or Bad Timing is doing, just because of one person involved.

If we were paid journalists, I'd understand. But we're not. We're music industry hopefuls. If the day ever comes where we're asked to make a choice between the two, I don't think the results would be kind to AP.net.
05:36 PM on 11/19/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I think it's an odd practice that you live with a guy who does exactly that, but you chose to bring it up here. But hey, I guess it makes sense not to post about Acceptance, Pentimento, or any of the amazing things P + P or Bad Timing is doing, just because of one person involved.

If we were paid journalists, I'd understand. But we're not. We're music industry hopefuls. If the day ever comes where we're asked to make a choice between the two, I don't think the results would be kind to AP.net.
I don't live with thomas he took a job in new york city....

also, there's a difference, however slight it is, about posting about a band releasing a record and a label just putting things up for sale.

and i didn't say "WOW FUCK THIS SHIT" i just said it was weird to me. relax.
05:48 PM on 11/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't live with thomas he took a job in new york city....

also, there's a difference, however slight it is, about posting about a band releasing a record and a label just putting things up for sale.

and i didn't say "WOW FUCK THIS SHIT" i just said it was weird to me. relax.
*shrugs* we post sales to every record label, and I think punishing an entire label because of one association is a ludicrous notion.
06:05 PM on 11/19/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
i mean, you're essentially using your associations here to attempt to put more money in your label's pocket, but like i said, its not a big deal. just kinda weird to me.
06:07 PM on 11/19/13
XIMBOREDOFYOUX1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
eh i ordered a record from these guys and never got it. potential buyers beware.
08:40 PM on 11/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
eh i ordered a record from these guys and never got it. potential buyers beware.

What record? PM me with Your Receipt #, We'll Check Your Order.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos