AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Taking Back Sunday News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Taking Back Sunday To Self Release DVD and Acoustic Vinyl

Posted by - 02:24 PM on 11/19/13
Taking Back Sunday will be self-releasing a double DVD version of both the TAYF10: Acoustic and TAYF10: Live from Starland Ballroom films through their own label, Sorry Records on December 10th. The full press release is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
02:24 PM on 11/19/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Press ReleaseTaking Back Sunday are happy to announce that they are self-releasing a double DVD version of both the TAYF10: ACOUSTIC and TAYF10: LIVE FROM STARLAND BALLROOM films through their own label, Sorry Records on December 10. They are also making the TAYF10: ACOUSTIC album available on vinyl for the first time. All of the releases are being sold directly through the band with the help of Modlife, and can be pre-ordered starting today right here: http://modlife.com/shoptbs/

Fans who pre-order the double DVD will also be eligible to win one of a handful of TAYF10 VIP sticky passes that were stamped with the date of the show. TAYF10: ACOUSTIC on vinyl will also be available through Hot Topic.

The acoustic film and album were recorded in October of 2012 at a few of the rare acoustic stops on the TAYF10 anniversary tour. Portions from both shows at the Beat Kitchen in Chicago and Troubadour in LA were used for the film that was released digitally earlier in the year. The film includes interview footage of the full band shot at the Troubadour reminiscing about the early days of Taking Back Sunday. The film and vinyl version also both include the bonus track Your Own Disaster.

The band returned to Starland Ballroom in September of 2013 for a pair of make-up shows after Hurricane Sandy destroyed the venue just prior to the originally scheduled dates. Starland rebuilt and invited them back and the band was happy to oblige. AXStv was there to capture the live event which originally aired on September 12, 2013. AXStv will be broadcasting the newly edited film version on December 8. Check your local listings for the time and channel where AXStv is available. The film includes two bonus tracks, Your Own Disaster and The Ballad of Sal Villanueva along with some bonus footage of Eddie’s Birthday.

Taking Back Sunday have also created a limited edition, deluxe version of the double DVD that includes a specially made autographed TAYF10 wall plaque, a sticky pass from the TAYF10 tour and a specially pressed CD version of the acoustic album. Only 200 of these will be available. Fans who pre-order this package are also eligible to win one of a handful of signed set lists from the Starland show.

For those folks who already purchased TAYF10: ACOUSTIC digitally, the TAYF10: LIVE AT STARLAND BALLROOM film will also be available digitally through the same site: http://tayf10.takingbacksunday.com/ and can also be pre-ordered now for the December 10 release.
02:25 PM on 11/19/13
anamericangod
User Info.
no blu ray no care
02:26 PM on 11/19/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
Pass.
02:39 PM on 11/19/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Sorry Records...sorry they ever released TAYF10: Acoustic, that is! ZING!
02:52 PM on 11/19/13
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
milkin it til there's nothing left to give
02:54 PM on 11/19/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Just put out a new album..
03:02 PM on 11/19/13
Sean.Murphy
Stay Hungry, Stay Free
User Info.
my favorite band but im so uninterested in these cash grabs, they finished recording the new record 2 months ago youd think by now wed have at least a release date or something.
03:03 PM on 11/19/13
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
I'm only going to buy the vinyl because I have an addiction.
03:09 PM on 11/19/13
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
TAYF Acoustic is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.
03:21 PM on 11/19/13
Cammiecoke
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice to get a Physical copy of both releases.
03:34 PM on 11/19/13
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
I'm only going to buy the vinyl because I have an addiction.

At least you can admit it. You're stronger than I.
03:36 PM on 11/19/13
Gregv
simply growing
User Info.
so much hate. I wanna get the DVD package but its not HD so looks like just the digital download instead.
04:07 PM on 11/19/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
TAYF10: Acoustic is completely unlistenable. Here's to hoping the electric version is a bit better. Since it appears to be from the recent hand of shows I have faith it's going to sound way more presentable. Bamboozle is still one of my favorite live records.
04:33 PM on 11/19/13
knorr45
IG: rj_knorr
User Info.
Damn there's a lot of hate going on here.

I'm happy to buy the electric version to go along with the acoustic. I'd prefer blu ray but at least there's an HD stream.

Hopefully there will be a new single not too far down the road

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version