AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Secret Band Updates + New Members

Posted by - 10:46 PM on 11/19/13
Secret Band (members of Dance Gavin Dance) have posted updates on their status, DGD's contract with Rise, and new line-up changes.
Soooooooo, the newest DGD album was the end of the current contract with Rise, that might give you an idea as to Secret band's delay, also we added Martin Bianchini to our lineup on guitar, he played some guest guitar on the DGD song "the jiggler," we also added Jordan Mccoy on bass, who has toured in DGD on bass before...

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
11:04 PM on 11/19/13
crushedonyou
User Info.
Does this m=band still matte anymore? i remember hearing about them in hike school and im long removed from that
11:06 PM on 11/19/13
dj92jr
Deanowitz
User Info.
Does this m=band still matte anymore? i remember hearing about them in hike school and im long removed from that
what?
11:12 PM on 11/19/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Seriously, what the fuck, haha. I don't even know where to begin in addressing that question.

EDIT:
Yes, they still matter, more than ever. How was Hike School?
11:47 PM on 11/19/13
Grub
User Info.
Hopefully this is not the end...I loved AS and hope for more work with tilian!
12:02 AM on 11/20/13
Tele72
User Info.
Dgd's not through, they're probably going to go full independent through Will's label. I'm, however, very excited for more Secret Band
12:15 AM on 11/20/13
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.

Approximate translation:

"Does this band still matter anymore? I remember hearing about them in high school and I'm long removed from that."

If he's referring to Dance Gavin Dance, yeah, they still matter. They're still pretty popular. I'm pretty sure Secret Band is pretty recent and even most high school kids who like DGD would probably not know about them.

Then again... I don't really keep up on what high school kids these days like.

EDIT: I could have sworn when I first saw this news post, it only had Secret Band in the headline and didn't mention anything about DGD. But the stuff I originally said is still relevant
12:49 AM on 11/20/13
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Hopefully this is not the end...I loved AS and hope for more work with tilian!
You and me both.
03:53 AM on 11/20/13
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
DGD's still going :

Secret Band : "The next dgd album will actually utilize tilian 100% better now that we know how to he sounds and what would be the most appropriate for him to sing over, definitely going ask for some more of his raspy belting from tides thrown in the mix

...band members are signed to a contract, a label finances an album's recording and release, a contract needs to prevent bands from releasing side projects or other material as to not take away from the sales of the album the label is pushing, exclusivity"
06:20 AM on 11/20/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
It would be foolish for DGD to not re-sign to Rise if they send an offer.
06:50 AM on 11/20/13
absolution
User Info.
It would be foolish for DGD to not re-sign to Rise if they send an offer.
curious as to why? Do you think the sales would drop if there wasn't a push for Rise for the next record?
Assuming they can still book the same tours, yadda yadda...
07:00 AM on 11/20/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
You should go back
07:03 AM on 11/20/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
curious as to why? Do you think the sales would drop if there wasn't a push for Rise for the next record?
Assuming they can still book the same tours, yadda yadda...
Oh, I'm almost 100% certain sales would take a massive hit if they self-released the next record. Rise is the best label in our scene for bands that fit a certain formula - DGD does. The label has the largest YouTube channel of any independent label in the world - that means when a new song hits, the band's chance of having the song heard by all of their fans and new fans is huge, but that is not the case if they begin self-releasing.

Rise is also better than anyone at promoting to their scene, to their core fan base, and in getting the best chances to develop their future.
07:10 AM on 11/20/13
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
Oh, I'm almost 100% certain sales would take a massive hit if they self-released the next record. Rise is the best label in our scene for bands that fit a certain formula - DGD does. The label has the largest YouTube channel of any independent label in the world - that means when a new song hits, the band's chance of having the song heard by all of their fans and new fans is huge, but that is not the case if they begin self-releasing.

Rise is also better than anyone at promoting to their scene, to their core fan base, and in getting the best chances to develop their future.
You're definitely correct on all counts, but I imagine they're aware of it too. And if being on Rise means I don't ever get to hear more Secret Band, then fuck that.
07:14 AM on 11/20/13
absolution
User Info.

Makes sense - I think I know more about Blue Note Records (nada) than Rise other than the flurry of signings (FSF, TEN, ICMAM, Man Overboard, Transit) that happened a bit ago

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos