Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Introducing: Rescue Kid (Ex-Hey Monday)

Posted by: Christian Wagner (11/25/13)
Former Hey Monday members Mike and Chris Gentile have formed a new band called Rescue Kid. They released their first single "Make You Mine" in early 2013 and later went on to release their first EP Ignite in the Spring. They are re-releasing their first EP, now titled Re-Ignite due out January 28, 2014, featuring the 5 tracks, 3 new acoustic tracks, 1 brand new track, and guest vocals which will be announced soon. The band released a video for "Make You Mine" which you can view in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
05:58 AM on 11/25/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
07:28 AM on 11/25/13
thetalentfarm
Live Video Webcast... Every Show!
User Info.
Without getting into too much depth, It's a shame that this blurb only mentions the Hey Monday ties. Rescue Kid, in its various and previous incarnations over the years has been just as much a part of the South Florida scene. One listen to Rescue Kid now, and you just know that this band and their current lineup has more than paid their fair share of scene dues. Personally looking forward to a string of Warped Tour appearances in '14.
07:33 AM on 11/25/13
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Not as bad as I thought. Good chorus.
08:47 AM on 11/25/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Without getting into too much depth, It's a shame that this blurb only mentions the Hey Monday ties. Rescue Kid, in its various and previous incarnations over the years has been just as much a part of the South Florida scene. One listen to Rescue Kid now, and you just know that this band and their current lineup has more than paid their fair share of scene dues. Personally looking forward to a string of Warped Tour appearances in '14.
Yup! The other half of the band came from The Ever After, And Then There Was You, The Sure Fire, Carter, Stops This Fall (the list goes on) - bands that had all been around for years.

Best of luck to them; they've got talent.
09:08 AM on 11/25/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Little too breathy on the verses but the chorus was very catchy.
10:46 AM on 11/25/13
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So this is what happened last night. I went and bought little Caesars, and ate almost all of it. I Woke up, and ate the last two slices. I now have gas, but most importantly.........there was "no slices for wife.."

11:09 AM on 11/25/13
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Still my favorite singer I've ever worked with. Congrats, Armando.

Also, you're built like a tree now.
01:50 PM on 11/25/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
And Then There Was You's first album is still fucking great. I wish they would get the rights from indianola and redo that.
06:27 PM on 11/25/13
Redfoo419
User Info.
Really enjoyed this! was the vocalist in a previous band?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests